PHILADELPHIA, PA LODD

Philadelphia had a LODD this morning at 2220 North Colorado Street in North Philadelphia near the Temple University Campus.  Companies from the Third and Eighth Battalions would normally respond here.  More details at an appropriate time.

XPFD3 said:
Philadelphia had a LODD this morning at 2220 North Colorado Street in North Philadelphia near the Temple University Campus.  Companies from the Third and Eighth Battalions would normally respond here.  More details at an appropriate time.

XPFD3, my sincere condolences on the loss of this Fire Lt (Eng 45 - as posted). May he Rest in Peace.

Please keep us advised if possible.

The last time I ran into Matt Letourneau was at last year's Saint Patrick's Day Parade.  He had recently been promoted and was as into the job as ever.  He was raised in Springfield, Delaware County, a Philadelphia suburb, and started his fire service journey as a volunteer there.  Philadelphia has a residence requirement so Matt made the sacrifice as so many do and relocated for THE GREATEST JOB IN THE WORLD.  Out of the Academy he was assigned to Engine 43 in center city and eventually went to Engine 57 "The Battleship of the West".  After making Lieutenant he landed at Engine 45 in North Philly.  My Son was also working day work yesterday but his West Philly Ladder Company was on a different job on 63rd Street.  He told me that Matt had been transferred and yesterday was his last day in 45's. He also told me that both his company and Matt's were scheduled for Fireground Survival Training yesterday but missed the training due to their jobs.  One other point.  Matt's LODD occurred on the same block as that of Sergeant Patrick McDonald of the Philadelphia Police Highway Patrol who was murdered about 9 years ago.  Pat was the son of PFD Captain Larry McDonald (RIP).  SO MANY OF THE GOOD DIE YOUNG.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION AND SERVICE! 

mack

Administrator
XPFD3 said:
The last time I ran into Matt Letourneau was at last year's Saint Patrick's Day Parade.  He had recently been promoted and was as into the job as ever.  He was raised in Springfield, Delaware County, a Philadelphia suburb, and started his fire service journey as a volunteer there.  Philadelphia has a residence requirement so Matt made the sacrifice as so many do and relocated for THE GREATEST JOB IN THE WORLD.  Out of the Academy he was assigned to Engine 43 in center city and eventually went to Engine 57 "The Battleship of the West".  After making Lieutenant he landed at Engine 45 in North Philly.  My Son was also working day work yesterday but his West Philly Ladder Company was on a different job on 63rd Street.  He told me that Matt had been transferred and yesterday was his last day in 45's. He also told me that both his company and Matt's were scheduled for Fireground Survival Training yesterday but missed the training due to their jobs.  One other point.  Matt's LODD occurred on the same block as that of Sergeant Patrick McDonald of the Philadelphia Police Highway Patrol who was murdered about 9 years ago.  Pat was the son of PFD Captain Larry McDonald (RIP).  SO MANY OF THE GOOD DIE YOUNG.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR DEDICATION AND SERVICE!

I am so sorry XPFD3 - condolences to all family, friends and PFD members.  RIP Matt.