Podcast

If any of you are bored being stuck at home, I started watching "the Gettin Salty Experience" podcasts. They are hilarious and also tell some good war stories. Hell these guys may even be members of this site. Here is the link to their page:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkRC7F-_9G64MfTy3dySikw

Was watching one of their earlier podcasts, the producer brought up a stat and cited "nycfire.net, don't know if these guys are credible.." Kev jumps right in "OH yeah those are a bunch of solid guys." I guess this site has a good rep with the department.

Also, there is going to be a new episode of the podcast tonight (4/9) I believe at 8 PM EST. The special guest for tonight will be Paul Hashagen. It should be a treat as always!

They are Credible and top drawer folks. They have received the blessing from the Rev! Subscribe and give them a Listen. Lou and Kevin with Producer Pete are good Fire House Kitchen Entertainment. JMHO

Here is the latest one with RET FF Paul Hashagen as the Guest.....SOMETHING TO WATCH WHILE ON LOCKDOWN TO MAYBE TAKE YOUR MIND OFF THE CURRENT CRISIS....For those who may not know them the Moderators are RET FF Lou Rufrano FF LAD*117 & Charter Member SQ*288 & LT ENG*290 & RET FF Kevin Kubler FF ENG*210 & Charter Member SQ*288 Good Guys.....the guest in this particular episode is Paul Hashagen ..... after opening the video click on the "You Tube" bar lower right to open the sidebar to some more interesting videos....

Last edited:
EPISODE 30 ...CHCAGO FD BC MIKE TIMOTHY....after opening link click "YOU TUBE" bar lower right to open the sidebar

Last edited:
EPISODE 31...FDNY LT RAY STRONG.... after opening show click on YOU TUBE bar lower right to open right sidebar for some more interesting Podcast's....

That was a great show. Neil started out with the FDNY E235 but wound up returning to Boston. I’ll be listening to the up coming show with another retired E235 member LM. We grew up together in Middle Village.

On this episode of "Authors Corner" Tillie Geidel Conklin the Daughter of MIA FF Gary Geidel R*1 9-11 & the Granddaughter of RET FF & LT Paul Geidel R*1 tells her story about the book she has written ..... all of the proceeds of her book are being donated to "ANSWER THE CALL" a great organization that benefits Fire & Police Widows & Children www.answerthecall.org ....... .... the book is available on Amazon

Last edited:
On this episode Tillie Geidel Conklin the Daughter of MIA FF Gary Geidel R*1 9-11 & the Granddaughter of RET FF & LT Paul Geidel R*1 tells her story about the book she has written ..... all of the proceeds of her book are being donated to "ANSWER THE CALL" a great organization that benefits Fire & Police Widows & Children www.answerthecall.org ....... .... the book is available on Amazon

What a story Tillie Geidel told. She remembers so many details about her father when she was only six years old.

If you haven't seen this, or any other Gettin Salty Podcast, this is one that you really got to see for yourself.

Had to miss the podcast live due to UCONN ladies basketball game. Just watched it. Awesome show; ordering book tomorrow.

The Gettin Salty Podcast featuring Retired FDNY member Billy Carlson was a Great show. I add that show to the list of some of my favorites. Guys on here like "Johnny Gage", "69METS", "jkal", and of course "Disp120".

Billy talked about his interest on the job, as well as how proud he was of his father, Howie Carlson, who was also on the job.

He certainly paid his dues as a firefighter working in some of the busiest companies in the city. Not only that, several years before as a member of the NYPD in one of the busiest pcts in the city.

Several of us here have had the honor to meet and chat with Billy Carlson, thanks to a good friend to many of us.
That friend being retired B/C Jack Kleehaas aka "68jk09", who I believe will be celebrating his 39th (?) birthday tomorrow, April 4th.

EPISODE 51... RET FF FRANK SOLIMENO ...ENG*281 / BN*41...

Last edited: