PROGRESS REPORTS

When you hear field com give progress reports at a fire, is this information wrote down on a note card or something of the sort? Is there a form they fill out for each report givin at a fire? If so could someone post what one looks like? 

For us dispatchers in the office, it's a piece of scrap paper. Some people have made forms with blanks to fill in. I used to just abbreviate everything on a piece of scrap paper and then enter it into the incident history.
Example:
Box 1563
5 FL
20 Br OMD
100X50
St
Yd
Yd
Yd
2 l/s, 1 l/o
TOU
PRI-
Sec srch I/P
DBTFL
Translation: Box 1563 the fire is on the 5th floor of a 20 story Brick Occupied Multiple Dwelling. Expoure 1 is a Street, 2  through 4 are yards, 2 lines stretched, one line in operation. Trucks opening up, Primary Search is negative, Secondary Search is in progress, Fire is Doubtful. Most of the abbreviations you see here are used by dispatchers in the offices today.

Thanks for that, that's amazing that you guys were able to do that when had multi alarms and all the other incident's thrown in the Mix at the same time, again thank you for your service.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
There is a form some place in the books that the Aides can use.  I would have to look it up, I think it's in the communications book.