QUEENS MEMORIES.

Some Queens memories .... The link is to an article by one of the Lewis Of Woodhaven Sons... http://www.barrylewis.org/downloads/TimeOut_NY.pdf ..Some of my thoughts.....i remember the little red International Scout Jeep they had if you were in the 91 St store (or vice versa the other one ) & you asked far an article they did not have they would say "look around awhile it will be right up" an employee would hop in the Scout & race to the 85 St store & race back w/the item.....the Pizza store next door was opened around the end of the '50s by a FF from ENG*91 back then it was the only Pizza store on Jamaica Ave in Woodhaven or Richmond Hill that sold by the slice (15 cents)......the only other Pizza at all back then on Jamaica Ave was Connies near 108 St it was a sit down Italian restaurant he only sold whole pies to stay or go ....Connie is still alive & his Daughter is married to a friend of mine who is a LT OTJ ........the article was written in 2002 ...both stores are gone like so many others along Jamaica Ave....the end of an era .

Chief,

Thanks for posting this. Absolutely great stuff.  Only question: how did you get Uncle Willy?s photo (at 0:39) and the end of my first driving lesson (at 1:45)?  The detectives swore they?d destroy that evidence!!

And a trivia question for everyone else ? what color were the letters on the ?F.W. WOOLWORTH? sign at 0:09?  The first 50 answers (correct or incorrect) will get free, all-costs-paid, no obligation, up-front spots at the Chelsea Veterans? Day Ceremony on Monday, 12 November at 1100 hours at 27th Street and Ninth Avenue in Manhattan

Yeah, I know ? I?m shameless, but I got no pride or self-respect.  I gave them both up years ago.  Too heavy a burden.