Rescue 8 vs Emergency

How many people on this site remember a series called Rescue 8? It was on in 1958-60 and was the forerunner of Emergency. ;D ::) If you remember this, well color TV was a new invention! And if you remeber this well you might remember Chuck Berry. He fainted last night at a show in Chicago paramedics responded to the scene and there was no serious problems. Long live rock-n-roll!

Watched "Rescue 8" as a kid. Jim Davis was the star I believe. That was way before he became Jock Ewing!

Yes, it was Jim Davis.  He taught me what a "Pompier Belt" was.  Ran out of a '58 Chevrolet (or GMC, I don't recall for sure) panel truck of the LA Co FD.

Would love to see a clip. I don't remember the show. Do you remember one that came on in the late 70's where it was a small beach town and it featured the fire, police and lifeguards? Any help on the name?

I can't remember where, but if you google Rescue 8 there is a complete dvd set of the series selling for around $90.00

As a Younger Baby Boomer myself, I also remember the TV series Rescue 8. AS for buying a set of th series, I did check one out about two years ago. But the offer turned out to be a Fraud. So just be careful if you attempt to order a set. I just don't remember how I found that out and what the site was to order it. Unless its a reputable site that you know of, BE CAREFUL. And let me know if you find one, Okay.

mack

Administrator
Never saw show but found:

Series Description:
The Rescue 8 TV show was a 30 minute action series that was produced by Screen Gems and aired in syndication. It was about a two man rescue team of the Los Angeles Fire Department. Each week they would rescue citizens from potentially deadly situations which often also endangered their own lives.

Rescue 8 TV Show Cast:
Jim Davis ................ Wes Cameron
Lang Jeffries ............ Skip Johnson
Nancy Rennick ............ Patty Johnson

Rescue 8 TV Show Trivia:
While Rescue 8 was mostly about saving people in precarious situations, occasionally it would show a bit of the guys' personal lives. Often, Skip Johnson's wife Patty would become concerned about the level of danger involved in her husband's job.

Even though it aired nearly 15 years earlier, the Recue 8 TV show is often confused with a very similar series titled, "Emergency!". One major difference between the two is that firefighters were not trained as paramedics at the time Rescue 8 aired so their rescues were those more physical in nature. The recues on "Emergency" tended to be more oriented towards the giving of medical attention.

The real life Station #8 in Los Angeles is located at 7643 West Santa Monica Bloulevard in West Hollywood, California.

Most of Rescue 8's episodes were based on actual case files of the L.A. County Fire Department.

Jim Davis is probably better known today for his role as J.R.'s dad, "Jock Ewing" on the series, "Dallas".

Lang Jeffries was one of only three U.S. soldiers out of 177 who survived the battle at Inchon during the Korean War!

Thanks Mack for all that info about Rescue 8. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid. There seemed to be a lot of rope rescue work on it.

And, the opening scene of Emergency and first rescue after the fire were filmed at Station 8 in West Hollywood. And, they still run two engines, a truck and a squad, although the second engine goes out with the truck.