Rescue Services Rigs

I came across a few pictures of Macks in Rescue Services livery. The first is a 2002 and the second is R*5's 1985. Those anyone know their purpose? It's strange to see them marked up for Rescue Services, when SOC had already been established. I believe the photographer is a member of the site, perhaps he can shed some light.

I think (Don't Quote me) they were spares.

At one point the 2002 was running as Tac-1 years ago

Here’s a pic of R1 using the Ex R-5

*Credit to the Photographer. Found on the internet years ago*132278B1-35E4-4D3A-AB02-DB31753731F7.jpeg

Bulldog

Bulldog
I had to laugh at the picture of the Prius every vehicle for the Rescue Battalion! Why in the world was he ever assigned a vehicle like that to a chief officer?

I came across a few pictures of Macks in Rescue Services livery. The first is a 2002 and the second is R*5's 1985. Those anyone know their purpose? It's strange to see them marked up for Rescue Services, when SOC had already been established. I believe the photographer is a member of the site, perhaps he can shed some light.

Thanks "Lebby" for providing us with all of these various Rescue Services pieces of FDNY Apparatus. And of course to the photographer as well. Some GREAT Apparatus Photos.

I remember seeing many of them, each with their own purpose, covering our largest city in the country, "New York City".

I'm sure there are guys on here who can help us ALL out in understanding the job of these very special pieces of FDNY apparatus