shift change

Sorry for all the questions I ask on here, but being from a small town I find the operations of the FDNY very interesting. If your tour starts at say 9:00 am and your apparatus is on a run, do you just stay at the firehouse and wait on it to return or does it depend on how long it will be out. Thanks. :)

I remember from years ago the division messenger vans, and sometimes other vehicles, being used to effect relief in the field for protracted jobs.  Does this still happen?

Bulldog

Bulldog
bklyndisp54 said:
I remember from years ago the division messenger vans, and sometimes other vehicles, being used to effect relief in the field for protracted jobs.  Does this still happen?
Sometimes this is still done depending on how long the units will be committed to their present incident.

Al Capone said:
Sorry for all the questions I ask on here, but being from a small town I find the operations of the FDNY very interesting. If your tour starts at say 9:00 am and your apparatus is on a run, do you just stay at the firehouse and wait on it to return or does it depend on how long it will be out. Thanks. :)

"Al", don't feel bad, I've been buffing this FDNY and been a fan of theirs for a very long time, and "I still ask questions". I just want to mention to you though, a good book all about the operations of FDNY called "FDNY Operations Manuel" by Jim Griffith. Has tons of info in it.