SOC EQUIPTMENT

Does any on have a list of what SOC Has Units & Equiptment (such as Backhoes and Skid Steers?
*Exception of:
Collapse Pods
Dewatering Unit
Mask Service Unit
Rebreather Unit
Compressor Truck
Logistics Support
Tactical Support
and of course the SSL's.

Thanks in advance for any additional Units and/or equiptment

The also have a John Deere Skid Steer in a pod. That can be transported just about any where in the 5 boroughs.

SOC also has 2 trailer-mounted battery-operated rail carts. Also, in addition to the skid steer,  they have a pod with 2 20 foot electric conveyor belts. They also have the auxiliary water system units along with trailer-mounted air compressors and dewatering pumps.

Oh and the roll-off trucks for the pods and containers too.

They also have a John Deere tractor with a backhoe (and, I imagine, a front loader, although it's not shown in the picture).  Pic from Rich York's Flicker site:

IMG_8207 copy

BCR

raybrag said:
They also have a John Deere tractor with a backhoe (and, I imagine, a front loader, although it's not shown in the picture).  Pic from Rich York's Flicker site:

IMG_8207 copy
That's a Case 580 backhoe with an extenda hoe option

In addition to the Deere skid steer they also recently purchased another skid steer recently I think it might be a Gehl but I'm not sure

BCR

Units I can think of -
Special Operations Support Unit,
Hazmat Support Unit,
Two Hazmat Operations Trucks that pull the two enclosed trailers with the containment vessels,
All the Decon units,
Scuba support units,
Tactical Support Units (Tac's),
Logistics Support Unit,
Compressor Truck,
The Conveyor Pods
The Collapse Pods
The New SCUBA Swift Water Rescue Units,
The New High Water Rescue Units,
Auxiliary water system pump system truck and roll off units,
Marine Incident Response Unit (looks like a tac),

they have a bunch of other smaller vehicles, pick ups, suv's etc.

they also have a bunch of the f-450's with the utility style body's ( identical to the SSL's & CPC's) that were originally called HAMMER teams and they now called "special event teams",

there are also a couple hazmat pods as well, one has 4x4 Kubota all terrain utility vehicles that are similar to the 6x6 Polaris brush units that can be used for decon the have 75 gpm pumps 70 gallon tanks 5 gallon foam tanks and a reel of 70 feet of 3/4 rubber hose with a 12 or 25 gpm nozzle( you can see them staffed at a lot of large events),

The Fire Scene Unit is an element of SOC,
The RAC Units are an element of SOC,
The Collapse Rescues,
Trailer mounted air compressors,
Trailer mounted light towers,
marine division has two very large trailer mounted pumps (I think 750 gpm )
Rebreather Units 1,2 and The Rebreather Support Unit
A Couple Rail Carts in Trailers,
Utility Support Unit,
Decon Support Unit,
Case 580 Backhoe with extendahoe
Two Skid Steers - a John Deere in a pod and a new (I think) Gehl

Of course the 5 rescues, 7 squads, second pieces of squads, tech engines and rescue 5, hazmat 1, the marine company's, four Hazmat tech engines, there is a 6th fully equipted reserve rescue as well as an 8th fully staffed equipted squad (Squad 800), there's also a fully equipted reserve hazmat company (main and second piece)

Can't think of anything else right now, anyone have anything to add or change ?

Bulldog

Bulldog
BCR said:
there is a 6th fully staffed reserve rescue as well as an 8th fully staffed reserve squad, there's also a fully staffed reserve hazmat company (main and second piece)
I believe you meant to say that the 6th Rescue, 8th Squad and Reserve Hazmat are fully Equipped, not fully Staffed. They are staffed from either SOC trained personnel on other units or with overtime personnel from rescues and squads when required.

With the large of amount of SOC equipment and specialized units in the field, I think its time for an updated "Guide to NYC Fire Apparatus" from FAJ.  I know there have been so many changes since the 2005 edition, it would be interesting to compare the changes in the last 9 years.  JMO.

brewcityff said:
With the large of amount of SOC equipment and specialized units in the field, I think its time for an updated "Guide to NYC Fire Apparatus" from FAJ.  I know there have been so many changes since the 2005 edition, it would be interesting to compare the changes in the last 9 years.  JMO.

Good news! A new one was published in July 2012.

BCR ...in regard to your list above...is'nt  the Fire Scene Unit part of the Fire Marshalls rather than SOC ?

BCR

68jk09 said:
BCR ...in regard to your list above...is'nt  the Fire Scene Unit part of the Fire Marshalls rather than SOC ?
I thought so myself however in the newest operational refference guide it stated something along the lines of " it is an element of SOC working with the marshals office" I wasn't quite sure why or how it intertwines with SOC

BCR

Bulldog said:
BCR said:
there is a 6th fully staffed reserve rescue as well as an 8th fully staffed reserve squad, there's also a fully staffed reserve hazmat company (main and second piece)
I believe you meant to say that the 6th Rescue, 8th Squad and Reserve Hazmat are fully Equipped, not fully Staffed. They are staffed from either SOC trained personnel on other units or with overtime personnel from rescues and squads when required.
Good catch your right, made the changes, sometimes my fingers don't type what my brain is thinking !!

BCR said:
68jk09 said:
I thought so myself however in the newest operational refference guide it stated something along the lines of " it is an element of SOC working with the marshals office" I wasn't quite sure why or how it intertwines with SOC
All i really know about it is that it is manned by Marshals & quartered @ the Marshal's SIU Base on Hooper St w/211 & 119...it is an FD version of  a PD Crime Scene Unit. 

FDNY793727 said:
brewcityff said:

Where can I buy the 2012 edition? I cant find it on the internet? thanks!

york899 said:
FDNY793727 said:
brewcityff said:

Where can I buy the 2012 edition? I cant find it on the internet? thanks!

Ah sorry about that, I read your post too quickly and thought you were talking about the Operational Reference Guide. My apologies