SOME CLASSIC CARS

The first photo, “White Tower Car” is actually in Greenwich Village at the intersection of Greenwich Avenue and Eighth Avenue.

“Hard Rock Caddy” is actually on the south side of 23rd Street, slightly east of Ninth Avenue. Interesting to note here that the City actually had litter baskets mid-block and not only on the corners.

I’m pretty sure that “Box Car, Gran Torino Sport” is on the north side of 34th Street, just east of Eighth Avenue and that the building in the background with the glass-enclosed, lighted stairways is Madison Square Garden.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articl...-62957525&mc_cid=35b51e8579&mc_eid=748d70fd7d

Striking Portraits of Lonely Cars in 1970s New York atlasobscura.com 92920

I think the Basketball Car might be a Plymouth Valiant ....it says it is a '74....I know the first duster in '70 had a different body style....my sister had one with a 225 CI six cylinder......I had bought an accident damaged one at an auction & put it back together as a project.... it had a 340 CI V8 & really moved .....in the picture of the Caddy with the hood up notice the chain to lock the hood ....I had a chain like this on my ghetto cruiser a '64 Dodge wagon that I took to work on Siegel St as the life expectancy of my '70 Roadrunner would have been very short there especially on a night tour...... here is another grouping that some may or may not have seen on here..... early-iron.21425

I think the Basketball Car might be a Plymouth Valiant ....it says it is a '74....I know the first duster in '70 had a different body style....my sister had one with a 225 CI six cylinder......I had bought an accident damaged one at an auction & put it back together as a project.... it had a 340 CI V8 & really moved .....in the picture of the Caddy with the hood up notice the chain to lock the hood ....I had a chain like this on my ghetto cruiser a '64 Dodge wagon that I took to work on Siegel St as the life expectancy of my '70 Roadrunner would have been very short there especially on a night tour...... here is another grouping that some may or may not have seen on here..... early-iron.21425

Good catch on the chain; embarrassed that I missed it!