Spring 2013 Get Together

Many of you may know that recently I went down to Virginia to visit "mack". While down there he showed me around for a few days. He is a member of the Fairfax County Fire Dept as a volunteer and assigned to the very busy Fire Station 10. Several times he has discussed with me about having a Get Together down there. There is certainly alot to see and some very busy fire depts in the area. Besides Fairfax County there is Washington, D.C., Arlington County, and the City of Alexandria. Even outside this area, there are busy depts that continue to grow. 

It is very early in the beginning stages, but maybe a late April or early May, 2013 trip. For those that would want to leave from the NYC area, maybe rent a van, and I would probadly drive down in my car also. For me, I would need to drive down on a Tuesday and be back by the following Saturday morning. I could take three people with me if they were interested. And if there's somebody on a fixed income, who'd like to go, but couldn't afford it, we can deal with that too.

"mack" has mentioned about the many tourist things to do and maybe going to a ball game. (mack is a huge baseball fan and of course The Yankees). For me, it would be just doing the fire dept thing as my time would be somewhat limited.

I did talk to one or two others that might be interested. One member would like to attend but would be flying in from another state.

So right now, it's just in the beginning talking stages. If you have any ideas, let us know.