Squad 18

Does anyone know if squad 18s rescue-pumper was totaled in the november accident or is it going to be repaired and placed back in service?

Surprized.Looking at the pictures i seen it doesnt look all that bad some major work on the cab may be all it needs.

this is what they were using in december

Attachments

• 030 [320x200].JPG
    030 [320x200].JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 335
They're currently using a 1998 Seagrave 1000/500 rescue-pumper that was originally Squad 41 before they got their new rig in 2002.  It then became a spare, then served briefly as Squad 61 when they were involved in their accident in 2003.

E

eng1aux415

I heard from a couple of FDNY guys that did the specs for the new Engines. They said do the the massive damage to the Cab, A Engine was taken off the New Replacment list for Squad 18. The Specs for the new Squad is unknown, but are in the making. I believe they said, it will look like the Old FDNY Squad Rear compartment layout but with the New Seagrave Raised cab chase with LED's along with New FDNY Standard EQ2B Siren. Also their was talk of a New Haz-Mat ATV truck being put into service in their firehouse replacing the old Haz-Mat truck.

eng1aux415 said:
I heard from a couple of FDNY guys that did the specs for the new Engines. They said do the the massive damage to the Cab, A Engine was taken off the New Replacment list for Squad 18. The Specs for the new Squad is unknown, but are in the making. I believe they said, it will look like the Old FDNY Squad Rear compartment layout but with the New Seagrave Raised cab chase with LED's along with New FDNY Standard EQ2B Siren. Also their was talk of a New Haz-Mat ATV truck being put into service in their firehouse replacing the old Haz-Mat truck.

A Haz-Mat ATV?

You never know when there will be an oil spill on one of the beaches in the Rockaways.    LOL :) :) :) :)

E

eng1aux415

i personaly like the Ford F450 Haz-Mat ATV's alot better then that stupid beard truck

Perhaps he means BREAD truck?  The second pieces look a lot like bread trucks.  Squads back in the days before they ran with pumpers had rigs that closely resembled bread trucks.

JJFLOOD said:
Perhaps he means BREAD truck?  The second pieces look a lot like bread trucks.  Squads back in the days before they ran with pumpers had rigs that closely resembled bread trucks.

Yea, I understand that but what about the F450 Haz-mat ATV?

yeah I don't know of any Sqaud running anything other than the Bread Trucks for their Haz-Mat units, and I know for a fact they do NOT have ATVs, check your facts (and spelling) before you post.

RPM3311 said:
yeah I don't know of any Sqaud running anything other than the Bread Trucks for their Haz-Mat units, and I know for a fact they do NOT have ATVs, check your facts (and spelling) before you post.

Squad 1 does have TRV 1

The 'Bread trucks' are purely functional pieces of equipment, they are not meant to look good or impress, they carry out a vital role and seem to serve the Squad companies well..

Squad 1 operates a International style rig as their 2nd rig,  which i believe also carries certain rescue equipment as well as HAZMAT gear. The remainder of the Squads use the box vans for thier HAZMAT role.

jarrod

londonfireguy said:
The 'Bread trucks' are purely functional pieces of equipment, they are not meant to look good or impress, they carry out a vital role and seem to serve the Squad companies well..

Squad 1 operates a International style rig as their 2nd rig,  which i believe also carries certain rescue equipment as well as HAZMAT gear. The remainder of the Squads use the box vans for thier HAZMAT role.

jarrod

Squad 1 crossmans TRV 1 a 1999 Frightliner with a 2001 E-one Body. On one side it carries all hazmat equioment and responsed around brooklyn with it. On the other side it carries all Collapse Rescue Equipment and can respond to all 5 buroughs if need be.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Yff3110 said:
Why is a there a 2nd piece at squad 1?
As stated earlier all the squads have a 2nd piece.  They cover so many different roles it's impossible to carry all their equipment on a rescue engine so they use the 2nd piece to carry the equipment they don't need immediately upon arrival.

Thanks .. I knew all the squads had a Hazmat truck but I didnt know why squad 1 had a different type of truck for that role.