Squad Company Apparatus

Which of the Squad company apparatus is due for replacement first? As i believe that some of them are coming up for replacement soon.
When they do come up for replacement, are they considered within the same bid/spec/delivery as Engines, or will they go out as a completely seperate bid, be interesting to see if they will get maruader II cabs.

Cheers

JT

You are correct - when the current order of 2010 Seagrave pumpers are all delivered, then the 2000 Seagrave Rescue-Pumpers at Squads 252, 270, and 288, and the 2001 Seagrave Rescue-Pumper at Squad 1 will be the oldest pumpers in front-line service.  (Squad 41 has a 2002 Seagrave Rescue-Pumper, Squad 18 has the rebuilt 2002/2001 Seagrave Rescue-Pumper, and Squad 61 has the newest, a 2003 Seagrave Rescue-Pumper.)  In the past, these apparatus were put out as a completely seperate contract from the standard pumpers, but anything is possible.  Given the time to write the specs, put the contract out to bid, and actually construct the apparatus, I would guesstimate at least a year until any new squad apparatus are delivered.

i Know fdny will lose 7 engines is if this ever happens.But with the ever expanding hazmat and technical rescues going on im Shocked they haven gone to a true rescue box for squads. Instead of having the hazmat second pieces and etc.

anesti said:
i Know fdny will lose 7 engines is if this ever happens.But with the ever expanding hazmat and technical rescues going on im Shocked they haven gone to a true rescue box for squads. Instead of having the hazmat second pieces and etc.

I dont think a 'rescue Box' style rig would fit into some of the Squad houses, i was thinking SQ18 and SQ252 as an example. I might be wrong.

JT

The last thing I'd want to do is attempt to say what FDNY should purchase in the way of apparatus, OR offer an opinion on what squads should do or how they are equipped.  Having said that, the idea of having a heavy rescue with a pump and booster tank is not new.  There's a fair number of departments, especially in Maryland and Pennsylvania, that already have them. Here's an example:

http://pafirenews.net/content/apparatus/show/110.php

To view 2 Rescue Pumpers......go to "firstonscenephotos"......click "gallerys"......then "Bellrose Terrace".......then " The Twins".......for those not familiar w/NY .....Bellrose Terrace is a Vol. Dept. right on the Queens / Nassau border...one of their Houses is a stones throw from Queens off the Cross Island Pkwy. i dont know anything else about them other than seeing the House from the Pkwy. & the Gallery on FOS.