The New Puppy

vbcapt

I figured some of you would get a kick out of this if not, bear with me. The wife and daughter wanted a puppy.. I grumbled for a few days and caved in shortly thereafter. We bounced around a few names,  Jake or Jett was the consensus. I come home from work and my daughter and wife said forget Jake or Jett and they named him Mack.

mack

Administrator
Great story, great name.  Best of luck with the pup.

nfd2004

No offense Deano (vbcapt), but I think "Willy" would have been a better name.

grumpy grizzly

vbcapt I will bear with you. In 1980;s my wife and I went up to Manchester/Nashuea NH area for a Columbus week-end. On our way back we stopped at a strip mall for lunch. There was a pet store there, when my wife lived in Chicago she had a poodle, she really liked dogs.  There was a Shepard mix puppy, my wife fell in love with him. I had a turn-out coat that reeked of smoke from several BFD Roxbury/Dorchester jobs. The dog was shaking from the cold, my wife said use your coat. So the new puppy was "Smokey". He passed but my wife got Smokey II. We later had two abandoned dogs near our house, "Old School" turns no one away. They became "Rescue" and "Backdraft", Backdraft lived with us for 14 years. We now habe a pair of Alasken Malmuettes/Golden Retreivers. They are Bear and Austin (WWF), I wanted Mick and Keith, (Rolling Stones). These guys are our best buddies, 5AM is their alarm!Love them forever, they ask nothing from you but love and devotion

1261Truckie

Great name for the puppy and good stories. My wife and I have five doggies ranging in age from 10 to 1 year. All females with girl names (no "halligan"'s or "chief"'s). They're all a joy to come home to.
Enjoy your doggies