The Watts Street Fire

From another site:

"Watts st fire...27 years ago today
continued rest in peace..Capt John Drennan..Fr. Chris Seidenberg and Jimmy Young
thoughts and prayers for their families and members of E24 and L5
also want to recognize Capt. Paddy Brown (rip..9/11) for his dedication to the Drennan family during Johns 40 day battle."

I believe Mrs. Drennan became very active in firefighter safety.

Continued Rest in Peace to those lost that day and continued thoughts and prayers for their families at home and on the job.

From another site:

"Watts st fire...27 years ago today
continued rest in peace..Capt John Drennan..Fr. Chris Seidenberg and Jimmy Young
thoughts and prayers for their families and members of E24 and L5
also want to recognize Capt. Paddy Brown (rip..9/11) for his dedication to the Drennan family during Johns 40 day battle."

I believe Mrs. Drennan became very active in firefighter safety.

Continued Rest in Peace to those lost that day and continued thoughts and prayers for their families at home and on the job.

fndysbravest-Div.7 Newsletter

As mentioned here, Captain Drennan had survived for forty days. At the time, then Lt Jim Curran (RIP) was a main player in the NYC Burn Unit and Lt Curran reported that Capt Drennan had received FOURTH Degree Burns to his body. It was the first time that I ever heard of burns that deep.

Following this Watts St Fire, the FDNY put bunker gear for all FDNY members into standard use. In addition, many cities followed as well because of this very sad, tragic event.