The Younger Buffs

Willy D asked me to post these pics

Anyone recognize the guy in the black & white photo

Hint black & white means the guy is older than older lol

*Last Photos are of my
Son now 11 (who is now to cool for fire fighting)
Daughter now 5 who loves it and loves going to “jobtown”
My other son who is 13 is to cool and doesn’t like his picture taken

IMG_1511.pngIMG_1247.pngIMG_1250.pngIMG_1241.jpegIMG_1246.pngIMG_1269.pngIMG_1244.pngIMG_1249.pngIMG_6505.jpegF18F5708-C8F0-446B-A32F-92996C6F1064.jpeg

Last edited:
Below are two of my grandsons. The big one is Bryan who is a Philadelphia Firefighter in "Philly" Engine 12. The little one is my grandson Billy age 3 & 1/2. The E-208 is a Philly. FD Spare that Eng. 12 was using at the time. The 2nd is short video of Billy responding from his garage to a "Working Cat in a tree emergency, I think. "The Torch has Been Pat To A New Generation." Captain Bob Rainey FDNY EngineBilly being held by Bry IFO Philly FD E-208 Spare E-12.jpg
View attachment Billy age 2 responding.mov
26 retiredBilly being held by Bry IFO Philly FD E-208 Spare E-12.jpg

Last edited:
A GREAT VIDEO and Great Picture there "Captain784".

And Thanks "Signal73" for posting all those young wanna be's.
Maybe some of the members here might recognize a few of them.

HEY - Wait A Minute.
Isn't that me, "NFD2004" in that first photo.
The only one that is black and white
YES - IT IS
That picture was taken SEVENTY (70) years ago when I too was a young wanna be firefighter.

Since that time I was very fortunate to become a volunteer firefighter in a very progressive fire department in Connecticut when I was about 20 years old.
Then when I was 25 years old I got hired in another fire department in Connecticut as a career firefighter.
Spent 30 more years doing that and been retired about 20 years now.

BUT - and maybe some of you can relate to this, "I STILL a Wanna Be Firefighter wishing that I could just do it all over again".
But who will help me up into the truck and out of it when we get there.
Not counting on doing any work there either.

That's why we need to encourage all of these Young Wanna Be's of the next generation of firefighters, to work hard if they want to do what some of us enjoy doing, or have enjoyed doing