Thoughts of Our Time

nfd2004

In these very difficult days of dealing with Coronavirus, aka "COVID-19", we have to follow the advice of the experts. As we have heard so many times; stay at home, keep your distance, and wash your hands. The staying at home and keeping our distance has certainly changed our lifestyles as we once knew it. We've also seen store shelves empty of some of our basic necessities.

Well friends, here are a couple of guys who you may have seen before on this site. One being a Retired Lexington, Kentucky Firefighter. Two brothers known as The Moran Brothers.

Ladies and Gentleman, here for you today is the Moran Brothers as they sing: "Seems like the whole world is out of toilet paper".

www.www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJZuZzU2Vsg

Last edited:

nfd2004

In 1959, a young teen idle by the name of Paul Anka came out with a famous hit song titled: "Put you head on my shoulder".

Today, Paul Anka is 78 years old and still sings that famous song. But in doing so, changing a few words to reflect our times during this coronavirus pandemic.

This is his hit of 1959 as he sings it these days of 2020.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfw_RwmEGSk

Last edited:

nfd2004

This was a big hit once sung by the late Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton.

Now this husband and wife team sing that once famous song during these times of coronavirus and quarantine.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMQYqpRGC_E

Last edited:

nfd2004

In the previous "Thoughts of Our Time", you were given some advice from Under the Sea.

Not just for you and me, but for the younger ones to see.

Now we switch gears and in this video "Discretionary Viewing is Advised". As we ALL deal with these - Days of Our Lives.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYmQn22jo1E

Last edited:

nfd2004

In 1984, this commercial came out giving the famous White Castle, McDonalds, and Burger King, something to be concerned with.

Along comes Wendy's with it's "Where's the Beef" commercial.

These days, about 35 years later we find ourselves asking the same question...."Where's the Beef" ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_eWWfNB54

Last edited:

raybrag

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/business/wendys-beef-shortage/index.html

A hamburger restaurant that has no hamburgers . . . surreal.

fdce54

raybrag said:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/05/business/wendys-beef-shortage/index.html

A hamburger restaurant that has no hamburgers . . . surreal.
Oh no! What's a Willy D to do?

fdce54

Willy, don't despair. You can get soy burgers and veggie burgers. Just smother them in ketchup, close your eyes and pretend you're sitting in a restaurant with Ronald McDonald and the Burger King.

nfd2004

Here's a song called "The Coronavirus Blues" done by a couple of very Special Lady Friends of Mr Frankie D., aka "fdce54".

Frank hopes that you enjoy these very talented ladies as much as he does during these "lockdown days".

"So without further ado - take it away Ladies".....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwKtCSt4G_w

Last edited:

nfd2004

For whatever side of the "political fence" you sit on, seeing this today (5/14), as some bars open up for business kind of puts a scare in me.

It's true, none of us have to go out and start the party the day we all get the okay. That is completely our choice.

But what about all those who these people come in contact with during their daily lives ? Will these individuals spread the coronavirus once again as we begin "Round 2" ?

Check this out and in the few seconds of viewing the bar scene, "you" be the judge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy0sgsfTBdk

Last edited:

memory master

Sad, real sad. The ME generation. I can understand peoples anxiety to get back to "normal" for a plethora of reasons. But, do these bar patrons realize that they may be infected, maybe they don't care. That being said, what about the innocent rule obeying person who now gets infected by one of the bar crowd? I know and you know how tough it is out there right now but foolishness can only hurt us way more in a 2nd round of this disease.

kidfrmqns

I was always think even one step further than the other people they may infect. What about the medical professionals that may have to treat them because they're being selfish? What about if you or I get sick in our line of work and NEED that hospital bed but they're in it because they wanted to go out partying?