Thoughts of Our Time

nfd2004

Some of you may remember a TV Show called "The King of Queens". One of the star players was Kevin James, as Doug Hefferan, a UPS delivery driver in NYC.

Well Kevin James is now putting up a couple of videos and his latest are based on staying in during this Quarantine.

This one is called: "I miss Baseball"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOppMDE-x3k

Last edited:

nfd2004

Most of us know and fully understand how important it is to wear a mask during these COVID-19 Days.

So with that in mind, our good friends, "The Moron Brothers", Lardo, a Retired Lexington, Ky Firefighter, and his twin brother "Burley", would like to share with you a few ideas that they came up with when it comes to wearing a mask.

So sit back and watch, maybe one of these mask might be just right for you.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jkdj9b5EYuU

nfd2004

Many of us can remember a song called "I Believe". It originally came out by a group called "Larry Chance and the Earls" back in 1962.

Well during these very difficult days of 2020, a younger generation guy named Peter Lemongello is singing that once very popular song. The words and it's meaning may be more important to you now more than ever before.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUqwNES1pkU

scoobyd

Anyone who has watched TV in the last 40 years has been solicited to buy a Peter Lemongello Sr album.

manhattan

For whatever side of the "political fence" you sit on, seeing this today (5/14), as some bars open up for business kind of puts a scare in me.

It's true, none of us have to go out and start the party the day we all get the okay. That is completely our choice.

But what about all those who these people come in contact with during their daily lives ? Will these individuals spread the coronavirus once again as we begin "Round 2" ?

Check this out and in the few seconds of viewing the bar scene, "you" be the judge.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy0sgsfTBdk
Unfortunately - and I've seen it proven irrefutably for more years than I like to remember - ya' can't fight stupid. Stupid wins every damn time. Period. End of story. All she wrote.

mack

NJ FFs:

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/passa...s-covid-19-awareness-uplifts-first-responders

BELLEVILLE, NJ - As the novel coronavirus continues to engulf the world in sickness, loss, and uncertainty, a twelve-year Belleville, New Jersey career firefighter/EMT, Michael Sarno, emerges from the front-lines of this global pandemic to spread hope, proper precautionary measures and overall awareness of Covid-19's severity.

Sarno, a 41-year-old lifetime Bloomfield, New Jersey resident, and Afghanistan combat veteran has been going to war with Covid-19 alongside his fellow fire/first responder crew, the self-proclaimed - BFD Gold, to extinguish this inferno of a virus.

Firefighter Sarno, who grew up listening to the multi-platinum selling hip hop group Wu-Tang Clan, felt compelled to rework one of the group's signature songs, take a playful crack at rapping, and film a video to provide the viewer a glimpse into what our men/women of honor experience daily on the front-lines. On Sarno's remixed Wu-Tang inspired song, titled BFD Gold "#CovidCalls", the firefighter sounds like a seasoned rapper masterfully describing Covid-19's guidelines and precautions to ensure you or your loved ones don't get stuck with this virus.

When discussing his coronavirus awareness song, Sarno stated, "I have seen first hand how serious this virus is and how courageous our first responders are. I hope this song casts light on some of the many heroes who selflessly put themselves and their family's lives at risk." He then added, "Although we have flattened the curve and parts of our country will begin to reopen, we must still be vigilant. Yes, It feels good to champion the efforts of first responders, but please understand we will only win this battle if we never take Covid-19 lightly."

mack

IL ff:

NAPERVILLE, IL — The coronavirus crisis is hitting everyone hard, but the Naperville Fire Department recently shared a video to brighten residents' spirits. The video featured an original song by firefighter and paramedic Billy Croft called "Get Your Mask On."

In the video, Croft, who moonlights as a country music singer with Billy Croft and the 5 Alarm, strums a guitar in front of a Naperville Fire Department fire truck. The often hilarious lyrics include lines about going to the grocery store. "I hope to God they have T.P.," Croft sings.
Don't miss updates about precautions in the Chicago area as they are announced. Sign up for Patch news alerts and newsletters.

In another line, Croft says, "Gonna sneeze, so I do it in my elbow."

He goes on to sing the relatable chorus, "Get your mask on anytime you want to leave home, sanitizer smelling so strong/wash your hands to the bone."

Watch the hilarious ending to Croft's video above.

mack

Rio de Janeiro FF:

A firefighter in Rio de Janeiro plays uplifting songs on the trumpet perched atop a firetruck ladder 150 feet in the air for the city's residents during the coronavirus pandemic. (April 7

nfd2004

I guess with everything going on these days, we all need a little something to lift our spirits up. So I looked into the archives of a much happier time and I found this. I'm sure many of us, somewhat senior members, will probably recognize some of these familiar faces of a much happier time.

Maybe some of you remember the words to this song. If you remember the words, open your window and sing it A LOUD for everybody to hear.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKyrrP0HJDo

68jk09

Many of us can remember a song called "I Believe". It originally came out by a group called "Larry Chance and the Earls" back in 1962.

Well during these very difficult days of 2020, a younger generation guy named Peter Lemongello is singing that once very popular song. The words and it's meaning may be more important to you now more than ever before.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUqwNES1pkU
This is the inspirational version of "I BELIEVE" by Larry Chance in which he details his personal bout with throat cancer & his return to the stage.....GREAT ! ...........

68jk09

Some of you may remember a TV Show called "The King of Queens". One of the star players was Kevin James, as Doug Hefferan, a UPS delivery driver in NYC.

Well Kevin James is now putting up a couple of videos and his latest are based on staying in during this Quarantine.

This one is called: "I miss Baseball"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOppMDE-x3k
I had posted somewhere before about the show "KING OF QUEENS" not sure where ? but it was about some episodes...one shot used in many openings of older shows was on Broadway near Whitney Ave a few blocks Northwest of QNS Blvd ....it showed an early ('82 ?) FDNY Suburban with no tinted windows which i think may have been BN*46 as they were too new at the time to be around as spares & they had no large ID numbers back then ......another episode was where the friend who is portrayed as a FF was in the shower at a Firehouse joking with the guys ....the opening scene showed looking West down Seabury St to the front of 287/136/BN*46 on Grand Ave.....this same shot looking down Seabury St at the FH was also used in another (short lived) comedy called "TWO GUYS A GIRL AND A PIZZA PLACE".......some earlier opening shots of the KING also focused on the QNS Center Mall at QNS & Woodhaven Blvds back when the tiles on the fascia were the original blue.....i always liked the show & have watched all of them several times over.....Jerry Stiller who played Arthur & who was an entertaining part of the show recently passed away.....he was married to Ann Meara & they used to have a standup comedy routine titled "Stiller & Meara" she sometimes appeared on the KING as Spences Mother....their Son is the actor Ben Stiller....Leah Remini who plays Carrie grew up in Bayridge BKLYN.

bigcheese

At the beginning of each show, Kevin James and his wife are shown getting an Italian ice at The Lemon Ice King on 108 St. right near E324's quarters in Qns.