2018 - 619,378
2019 - 605,617
2020 - 534,162
Included in the above list is the number of STRUCTUAL Fires:

2018 - 27,053
2019 - 26,148
2020 - 25,029

entropychaser

Runs down,fires down, EMS down.....Murders up,family violence up,suicides up, MVA death rate (particularly with ejections) way up. Interesting

Lebby

I believe the EMS nunber is deceiving because of some changes in dispatching during Covid. Also I don't know if it includes the FEMA unit runs. But, I will say that while Covid's "Bad Days" in March and April had unprecedented call volume. Many people were too scared to go for non critical ailments that normally would've been a trip to the ER. Hence in the following months of summer, we slowed way down.

Last edited:

Len90

I believe the EMS nunber is deceiving because of some changes in dispatching during Covid. Also I don't know if it includes the FEMA unit runs. But, I will say that while Covid's "Bad Days" in March and April had unprecedented call volume. Many people were too scared to go for non critical ailments that normally would've been a trip to the ER. Hence in the following months of summer, we slowed way down.
I can vouch that it was very awkwardly slow and the majority of people that came in were ICU level. Larger percentage of ICU admits during the summer months before covid started to pick up again. Interestingly enough; this year seems to be no flu.

Surprised that the super busy January/February with influenza and then covid insanity still led to a sizable decrease in overall ems runs. I would assume that number doesn't include 911 participating member ambulances (hospitals, third parties, fema).