Tractor Drawn Aerials

In addition to the TDA planned for 2009, I understand that there are seven planned for 2010.

Seagrave? Because I've heard that Ferrara has the bid for the rear-mounts, but I'm not sure they have tillers

stvfcff1025 said:
Seagrave? Because I've heard that Ferrara has the bid for the rear-mounts, but I'm not sure they have tillers

The units are in the planning stages and have not been bid yet.

N

NZFDNYBuff

Do you know what ladder companies will be receiving the new TDA's KFD?

HCO

The specs on the new ONE TDA have still not gone out for bidding. It will be for one and only one, for the current fiscal year. Nothing definite for any future years as no funding allocated as yet. This one, when it is completed sometime in late 2010, is slated to go to Ladder 34. They have the last remaining 2000 Seagrave TDA.

N

NZFDNYBuff

HCO said:
The specs on the new ONE TDA have still not gone out for bidding. It will be for one and only one, for the current fiscal year. Nothing definite for any future years as no funding allocated as yet. This one, when it is completed sometime in late 2010, is slated to go to Ladder 34. They have the last remaining 2000 Seagrave TDA.

Can't wait to see photos of the brand new rig when it's completed - although I still love the 2000 TDA's.

NZFDNYBuff said:
HCO said:

Can't wait to see photos of the brand new rig when it's completed - although I still love the 2000 TDA's.
  Yeah, let's see which apparatus manufacturer wins.

Just out of curiosity . . . has Ferrara ever built a TDA?  I don't recall seeing one.

N

NZFDNYBuff

guitarman314 said:
NZFDNYBuff said:
HCO said:

Yeah, let's see which apparatus manufacturer wins.

That's true - and as Ray said, it'll be surprising if Ferrara get the contract.

S

SFD RS1 N RS2

As of this time Ferrara Fire Apparatus does not make any Tractor Drawn Aerials.  I would have to ask my cousin if they are planning to start.  I will keep you posted