Train cars used for Haz-Mat training, I wonder if they are still in use? Have you ever seen this train car or been inside it?

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
A former neighbor, Tom Parisoff, was remarking on dinner last evening, in Springfield, Mass. I used to prowl all over the CSX railyards there, when back in Mass, on my EMC school trips.. I photographed this CSX HazMat car there, and they invited me up inside.. Lots of cool training materials inside, such as valves and pipes, stuff firemen need to know.. I was so surprised to find the same car, behind KC's Union Station, on 24 May 2004...

_nc_ohc=53A1aSJFbgMAX8dx2qa&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

2You and Duane Koss

A former neighbor, Tom Parisoff, was remarking on dinner last evening, in Springfield, Mass. I used to prowl all over the CSX railyards there, when back in Mass, on my EMC school trips.. I photographed this CSX HazMat car there, and they invited me up inside.. Lots of cool training materials inside, such as valves and pipes, stuff firemen need to know.. I was so surprised to find the same car, behind KC's Union Station, on 24 May 2004...

View attachment 23403

2You and Duane Koss
DuPont had three cars, a boxcar, a tankcar, and a caboose that they would bring for hazmat team training. I attended twice in NH. The boxcar was setup as a classroom with valves and cutaways. The tankcar had several top and bottom arrangements. The car numbers are DUPX 912A, DUPX 912B, and DUPX 912C. I'm not sure if the program is still active. I last trained on them in 2014.