TROUBLE GETTING ON THE SITE TODAY

manhattan

Did anyone else have trouble getting onto the site today?  I couldn't access from Five PM until about ten minutes ago.

Thanks.

68jk09

Yes....... could not get on late afternoon & early evening.

manhattan

OK, thanks 68jk09.  I was wondering if it might have been my computer.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Had to reboot the server.  Not sure what was up with it.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Had a small outage last night.  Problem was caused when an automated backup took up all the hard drive space and didn't allow the server apps any room to run. 

We have 250gig dual hard drives which had allocated 64gig to the website. This allowed the rest to remain in reserve if needed, expanded the site to 128 gig and rebooted which brought the site back online. Also cleaned out the old backups which brought the site used space from 64gig down to 10gig. So there is 110gig extra space and another 100gig in reserve.

Please let me know if there are any issues, will be tweaking the alerts and stuff to try and catch something like this sooner.

Tommy

manhattan

My only "issue" is that I wish I hadn't either slept through class or cut class entirely the day they taught whatever you're talking about!  And please don't explain - that'll only make me feel further behind the curve.

Thanks for all the work you do on this site.

Best Wishes for a Happy Christmas and a safe, healthy and prosperous 2014. 

raybrag

Manhattan:

Simple explanation is that Rudolph had more than one too many egg nogs (and other assorted unmentionable stuff) at Santa's annual pre-Christmas bash.  As a result, his red nose was far too bright and led Santa's sleigh so far afield it crashed this site, and it couldn't get back up until EMS arrived with a healthy dose of Narcan.  ;) ::) 8) ;D

STAjo

tbendick said:
Had a small outage last night.  Problem was caused when an automated backup took up all the hard drive space and didn't allow the server apps any room to run. 

We have 250gig dual hard drives which had allocated 64gig to the website. This allowed the rest to remain in reserve if needed, expanded the site to 128 gig and rebooted which brought the site back online. Also cleaned out the old backups which brought the site used space from 64gig down to 10gig. So there is 110gig extra space and another 100gig in reserve.

Please let me know if there are any issues, will be tweaking the alerts and stuff to try and catch something like this sooner.

Tommy

Thank You Tommy, for All your Work Here. God Bless & Merry Christmas, to You & Your Lovely Family.