TWITTER SMS MESSAGES

CVILLE7111

I receive my FDNY ALERTS via the Twitter SMS feed.  Of late, they've stopped, as well as the other services that provide notifications via this feed.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  If so, any work arounds?  Thanks in advance!

Signal73

I use to get them sent to me in a text message (made it easier to post it from my phone)

Now they are just push notifications that disappear and i have to go into twitter to read them.

But they are all still there. This Site, FDNY Alerts, NYCFIREWIRE

I send a post to Twitter Support. I guess I have a better chance of walking on water then them responding.

CVILLE7111

Got it, thanks!  I just read that Twitter has discontinued its SMS/texting service at the end of April.  Much easier to get notifications that way.

Signal73

Oh wow I did not read that. Thank You for that Info...Did it say it was going to reconnect at anytime or done for good?

CVILLE7111

It didn't really indicate one way or the other:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/technology/twitter-officially-discontinues-ability-to-create-sms-delivered-tweets/ar-BB13leBr?li=AAggpOk

CVILLE7111

Has anyone found a work-around for this yet? Notify NYC pushes messages out via SMS, has FDNY considered using this since Twitter discontinued their SMS messaging?

Unfortunately I used the SMS tweet feature to stay up on incidents in NYC and my other homes away from home

If anybody has a way to get those few other places that are near and dear to us let me know

I turn on tweet feature and everything I follow comes through so I can't distinguish what they are

So sad to see this go