TWO for the Price of ONE

nfd2004

Members and guest of Nycfire.net, we may soon be getting TWO for the Price of One.

As many of us know, there are times when it is necessary for the Boss/Owner of this site to step in and take care of a matter that only he can do. An example was when this site was recently down. First for all of us, then some guys still not able to get onto the site after corrections were made.

Tommy is working fulltime as an FDNY Lt. He is also a father to Two young children. Plus at times as I understand it, because of his knowledge with computers and radios, he is sometimes working at the Rock teaching computers and radio operations. I think the last issue we had with some members not being able to sign on because of a security issue, Tommy was working at the Rock that day and I believe it had something to do with the Coronavirus or the vaccine.
He usually acknowledges the problem within a few minutes but he just can't get to it until later.

Needless to say, he's a very busy man, as well as our Assistant Administrator Mike Messer, aka "Truck 4", who also works a fulltime job and has a young family.

But I think some help might be on the way. There is some very early discussion that Joe Materia, aka "mack", might be getting all of the information needed to make any corrections, or adjustments, should any problems arise. Those of us who know Joe, would no doubt agree that he is the Perfect Choice to help run this site.

Joe is now fully retired after several years working at the U.S. Pentagon where he was involved in computer work. Of course he is also a retired U.S. Army Colonel as well. He also has a Great interest in the Fire Service as we know from his postings of the Most Popular and visited thread on this site. The FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies, both the first and now the 2nd section. The first having OVER ONE MILLION VIEWS and the current 2nd Section with over 318,000 views. (Great job done by Joe and the other members who contributed).

Anyway, just some early talk and I'm sure there's a lot of info that needs to be passed onto Joe before this takes place.

As I see it, "I don't think there is a better man for the job". And with everything that Tommy is involved in he can certainly use the help.

By the way, his father, Retired Captain John Bendick is now doing physical therapy three times a week and he is coming along GREAT. Wow, I salute that hospital staff and those physical therapist for the GREAT JOB THEY HAVE DONE. Also to the FDNY Transport Unit, the Tunnel to Towers Fund, as well as the Ten Off Duty FDNY members who built a large ramp for him at his house, despite the cold and reports of a heavy snow storm coming. They never even took a coffee break. And finally to the Fight for Firefighters Foundation who not only paid for all the lumber but made arrangements to have it delivered as well.

STAjo

Thank You, Bill.
All Great News. I say first that many of us are very Happy & Very Grateful for the continued Good News of Capt. John B.'s
Progress and Recovery. Next, those of 'Regulars' (?), here remain Most grateful to Lt. Tommy B. and the Family for his Dedication and commitment
to bring us this awesome site. Our Thanks also to Mike M./'Truck4' for All his Attention & Energy here.

Last, but Most Certainly not Least; our Profound Thanks to Col. Joe M./'Mack', for His Fantastic Contribution here, and of course,
his Dedicated Service to Our Nation. We are Indeed, are Fortunate Bunch here! :cool:

paul612

Thank you to all the moderators of this board for their hard work and dedication. If I ever have any FDNY questions this is my go to! Keep up the good work!

raybrag

Having run a smaller board in a past life, I think I have a feel for the amount of effort involved. What the administrators and moderators of this board do is simply outstanding, and I thank each of them profusely for what they do. John, Tommy, Mike, Bill and Joe . . . THANK YOU!

CFDMarshal

My wife will divorce me if it were not for this forum! Thanks to all that make it happen!