UCT ending

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/new-york/911-operators-connect-fdny-new-call-system-article-1.3887997

Wonderful!!!  And it only took nine years!  My only question would be "Who got what out of the $2Billion overhaul instigated by Bloomberg?"  And at what cost in lives, understanding that moments count for both FD and EMS responses?

What a great town we live in.

There were guys on this site that talked about these UCT problems. Many times they presented detailed facts explaining the issue. These were people who knew what they were talking about, but NOBODY listened.

There is no way to add up the total losses due to this system. How many people got hurt or worse because of it ? How much more property was damaged because of it ?

Sometimes, "high priced business people" don't always have the answers. But in many cases, our civic leaders prefer to accept their sales speech rather than somebody who knows the system from top to bottom, and has the experience and knowledge it takes to tell what really needs to be changed or fixed.

As an example, If I need the headlight replaced on my car, I don't go to a "car salesman" to get it fixed. It just might end up costing me a lot more money than I first thought.

They never should have started that to begin with!  It was a shit show from the start!  They need to put each Fire Alarm Co back in there respective Boros

"There were guys on this site that talked about these UCT problems. Many times they presented detailed facts explaining the issue. These were people who knew what they were talking about, but NOBODY listened."  Posted by: nfd2004

Well Said, Bill.
Back in my youth (many Moons ago...), I had a Paid Job to Monitor various NYPD, FDNY, & EMS Radios & Dispatch NYPD-Licensed Tow Trucks to MVA's. I spent years doing that & several of my friends from that work went on to FDNY. ( a few of them are Retired Now [!])  :eek:
Of course, in the Dead of Night - No Traffic, very few MVA's we would Chase Fires.
As Chief JK could tell ya' they were wild times & many great friendships resulted. 

That all told, I read here and followed elsewhere with great interest the UCT disaster. The insightful and informed Posts here were some of the best information I read.
The Entire Episode of the "911 Overhaul" and UCT, has been a shameful and dangerous Fraud inflicted upon NY'ers  by the Multi-Scandal ridden Bloomberg Administration.  Dreadful.