UHF listening distances

I was just wondering how far away from NYC can some people hear the new UHF frequencies.  I'm up by New Haven.  Sometimes in the past depending on conditions I could get all the boroughs in or not.  Just curious on the new UHF propagation on how far the radio waves are traveling.

Its been a week since I posted this.  Was just curious about the range of listening to the UHF frequencies.  Anyone with information?

Izz, I was headed down last week. I used to pick up the VHF around Bridgeport (about 60 miles out). Now I loose the UHF just about the NY/Ct border of I-95.

Basically I'm using an outside mobile antenna with my portable scanner.

So there is a difference in how far it can be picked up. About 20 miles now.

Thanks Willie.  I'm moving my base scanner antenna outside soon so I/m trying to figure out if I should try putting in the UHF frequencies to listen to them or not.

I would be very surprised if you can pick up those UHF channels where you live in Ct. I hope so though.

I'm just glad over the last few years that we are able to use the internet to recieve them. After I left my home in Bridgeport, I bought a 75 foot tower and a Yagi Directional antenna hoping to pick up the FDNY 120 miles away. And my house is 300 feet Above Sea Level. With all that, it still didn't work.

Now I can ride around in my car and listen to the FDNY on a little box about the size of a pack of smokes.