Visits

N

NZFDNYBuff

Just wanted to know what firehouses you guys have visited or hung out in over the years in NYC, and are they accepting of visitors?

Everyone is great! I tend to stay away from the high profile firehouses. Some of those fellas get inundated with visitors and I'm sure they could use a break now & then.

vbcapt said:
Everyone is great! I tend to stay away from the high profile firehouses. Some of those fellas get inundated with visitors and I'm sure they could use a break now & then.

Deano, I sure agree with you. I got a "PM" from "NZFDNYBUFF" last night saying that he has an invite to E219/L105. It sounds like a perfect place for him to visit.

I never have knocked on a firehouse door or ever visited one but I hear most are friendly and very hospitable. But like vbcapt and nfd2004 said just stay away from high profile stations like 10/10 and 54/4 I'm shocked these guys haven't went mad yet. Countless of times I passed by these houses and the crowds that gather there are ridicukous to the point were there is a struggle to get the rigs out.

Hey NZFDNYBUFF if you do end up going to 219/105 let me know. I live right by them and can saw you around a few other houses in the neighborhood!

N

NZFDNYBuff

FDNY220122 said:
Hey NZFDNYBUFF if you do end up going to 219/105 let me know. I live right by them and can saw you around a few other houses in the neighborhood!

219/105 is a go 220122 - I gotta take them some cake though ^^

I'll be visiting Engine 206 on Grand Street as well, since I'm friendly with one of the guys who's there.

I appreciate the offer, but we're only in NY for 5 days, and mum wants to go and see the sights, so it's only two firehouses! I'm thinking I'll need to come back again in the far off future for a longer visit to see the houses I've missed out on.

"NZFDNYBUFF", sounds like you did pretty good for yourself for your visit to New York. A little "FDNY Hospitality" I'd say. I have such Great Memories of my visits to the FDNY Firehouses. I've also seen a few "Big Mouths" be asked to leave. Over my years I have great memories of visiting Eng 210/Res 2 (My first visit), E271/l124, E231/L176 (Tin House), E290/L103, E35/L14, E58/L26, Engine, now Squad 41, E82/L31, E92/L44, E75/L33. That's over a period of a lot of years. But I was always treated Great.

N

NZFDNYBuff

nfd2004 said:
"NZFDNYBUFF", sounds like you did pretty good for yourself for your visit to New York. A little "FDNY Hospitality" I'd say. I have such Great Memories of my visits to the FDNY Firehouses. I've also seen a few "Big Mouths" be asked to leave. Over my years I have great memories of visiting Eng 210/Res 2 (My first visit), E271/l124, E231/L176 (Tin House), E290/L103, E35/L14, E58/L26, Engine, now Squad 41, E82/L31, E92/L44, E75/L33. That's over a period of a lot of years. But I was always treated Great.

That's great stuff NFD - did you happen to see Dennis Smith at E-82 during "The War Years"? Or did you visit them later on? I highly recommend "Report From Engine Co. 82"; it's a damn good book.