whats the best way to thank a firefighter for saving your life

Whats the best way to say thank you ? I owe my life to e-65 I had taken one bite of oatmeal on Monday realized it had nut returned it and then started to feel my throat close I walked two blocks to 26 engine. E-65 was just getting back from a call maher asked if I was OK he said get your ass to Duane Reed now get benedryl. I still wound up going to nyu Presbyterian but Dr said if I hadn't got the benedryl it would be much worse

mack

Administrator
Send a card or letter to say thank you.  Maybe send a few bucks to a firefighter charity or non-profit in the name of E 65.  Write a letter to a local newspaper sharing your story.  Lots of ways to say thanks.  You already did once by writing this posting. Thanks for sharing your story.

mack said:
Send a card or letter to say thank you.  Maybe send a few bucks to a firefighter charity or non-profit in the name of E 65.  Write a letter to a local newspaper sharing your story.  Lots of ways to say thanks.  You already did once by writing this posting. Thanks for sharing your story.

I agree with "mack". And I'm sure those firefighters appreciate what you already said. I know that this web site owner is a member of FDNYs Engine 65 and the word will get back to them.

Firefighters across the country save lives everyday as just part of their normal routine. But it is a special day for them when they recieve a thanks from somebody like yourself in remembering them.

Recently a retired firefighter friend of mine who lives in Fort Myers, Fla went into cardic arrest. He had basically died and those Fort Myers Firefighters brought him back to life. He spent two days in an induced  coma in the hospital and stayed there for about a week. A few weeks later he went to visit those firefighters at the firehouse that had actually saved his life. He wanted to personnelly thank them for what they did.

He is a good friend of mine, a purple heart Viet Nam Veteren, and a Great firefighter that I enjoyed working with. He comes up to visit me every year. So not only is he thankful for the work these firefighters did, but so am I.

I ran into times deli this morning and got 24 bagels and 3 bottles of orange. Juice. And butter and cream cheese and dropped that off at 26 engine to thank 65 . I am also planing on donating 40 dollars to a charity in 65's name. Just need to contact them to see what charity.