Where to buy used fire-books????

kristensen

Dear Sirs.

Do you know a good used books-shop? I'm looking for some fire related titles, that my normal sources don't have.
I know about ebay, abe and amazon - so I'm looking for the not so well-known book dealer.

I'm in particular looking for "Services not Required" from FAJ publ.

Thanks

tl-ff

Here's a good book site. I've ordered from them before. Altough it's not a used book site they are a class act and worth buying from.

http://www.fire-police-ems.com/index.shtml

RPM3311

I get them from that same site, or I find the title of a book from there and check Amazon and Barnes & Noble to see if they carry it and if they do if its cheaper. Most of the time I just order right from Fire-Police-Ems.com.

kristensen

RPM3311 said:
I get them from that same site, or I find the title of a book from there and check Amazon and Barnes & Noble to see if they carry it and if they do if its cheaper. Most of the time I just order right from Fire-Police-Ems.com.

Thanks. Barnes & Noble was new to me. 

R1SmokeEater

68jk09

Al was a real gentleman....for everyone of the shots used in the book he had at least another 5 or 6 of the same job....he had several binders full of these in the kitchen of ENG*230/SQ*3 which was his longtime home base.....any money he got from newspapers for photos he would throw on the kitchen table towards dinner.

nfd2004

R1SmokeEater said:
mikeindabronx said:
I've had this book since it was published, It's outstanding

Of course, yours too Mike!  ;)

I wanted to say the same thing. Mikes Book; "New Yorks Bravest - their lives on the line".

But if you find one, you better grab it. Even, Mike doesn't have any for sale.

Tom Wanstalls book was another. He had a book on the FDNY AND Yonkers F.D.

And as mentioned, the book by Alex Douchin, "First Due".

These are some of the Greats. Tom Wanstall, Alex Douchin, and Mike Dick captured in photos some of the busiest years on camera for the FDNY.

And some of the Best books written were "20,000 Alarms" by Lt Richard Hamilton, and of course "Report from Engine Co 82" by Dennis Smith (which is still avaliable).

JOR176

Another pictorial book was "Where's The Fire" by Warren Fuchs, Bklyn Disp 120

1261Truckie

Don't forget "FIRE" by Steven Scher and "FIREHOUSE" by Jill Friedman and Dennis Smith

grumpy grizzly

There is a publishing outfit called "Arcadia" books, they have a web site. They have done a series of books called Images of America. They published 2 books on FDNY, Historic Fires of NYC by Corbett and Cannon, and NYC firefighting 1901-2001 by Steve Scher. Prices are between 19 and 22 bucks. NJoy

nfd2004

The two books posted above by Chief JK are EXCELLENT Books. I wouldn't sell mine for $100.00 or more each.

mikeindabronx

I have FIRST DUE, FIRE & SMOKE SHOWING ( this is an outstanding photo book about Boston & some surrounding areas,  1984 ) 

grumpy grizzly

Two other great books by Billy Noonan: Wooden Sticks and Iron Men, and Flames and Faces. Books were published by DMC Books, check out their site for availability. Bill was a great photographer and a better person. Buffed Boston from 72 to 79, Bill would always say" some great rig shots in the rear" or all 6 floors fully involved.