Yonkers Layoffs???

D

deyoart

I just read this in the NYT dated 12-12-08.

"Changes proposed for the Yonkers Fire Department ? 7 layoffs, 22 unfilled vacancies and 19 demotions of lieutenants to firefighters ? would have consequences as well. One of the 18 fire companies would be eliminated. "

Anyone have an updated? My agency decided to close a house yesterday and it is effective Monday AM at 7.

Y

YFDFireBuff.

There Was A New Conference In The City About This.

And Yes Its True.

ANyone up on the Civil Service Law end of this?? How are you DEMOTED for non-disciplanary reasons?? Also I understand TL-75 is slated to be the company!

SQDBOSS said:
ANyone up on the Civil Service Law end of this?? How are you DEMOTED for non-disciplanary reasons?? Also I understand TL-75 is slated to be the company!

I believe demotion is often considered a fiscally reasonable alternative to straight out layoffs.  As I understand it monetary reasons are a valid cause for demotion especially when accompanied by previous notice.

where did u hear  it was TL 75 ?? how r they closing there busiest truck CO ???....not to mention they have a very large response area ... wtf ??

Y

YFDFireBuff.

1075thebox said:
where did u hear  it was TL 75 ?? how r they closing there busiest truck CO ???....not to mention they have a very large response area ... wtf ??

Its True, They Might Close It Down Or Transfer It To Station 14. Something Is Going On, So Please No One Else Start Any Rumor's And What Not.

y move tl-75 to station 14 ....wut would tht do in terms of saving $ ?? im kinda very pissed off cuz TL-75 is 1st due 2 my house

M

mmattyphoto

Yonkers FD has laid off 6 FF's and demoted 19 Lt's.

Y

YFDFireBuff.

Safety Battalion Has Been Officialy Cut & Ladder 75 Is Staying

Have the Police been affected at all? I would hope so after such significant FD cuts.