Yonkers, NY Question

Can anyone tell me if they used Yonkers Fire Headquarters on New School Street in Yonkers, NY to film the opening shots of the Rescue Me TV pilot episode?

The inside garage scene looks similar to Yonkers Headquarters, and the back kitchen has a picture of YFD Headquarters on the wall, as well as the numbers 71 and R1 under the air conditionerr(Tower Ladder 71 and Rescue 1 of the YFD are quartered there). There's also a Mack CF Scope similar to the ones the YFD used to have in the garage, only lettered for the FDNY.

When they show the trucks responding in the pilot, they are leaving FDNY Engine 91's quarters in Harlem.

Im not sure, but just FYI, YFD's HQ is no longer at that station.  They have since moved to Nepperhan Ave. 

dillondotcom said:
Im not sure, but just FYI, YFD's HQ is no longer at that station.  They have since moved to Nepperhan Ave.
Yeah, my bad. In my mind it's still HQ, but now it's considered Station 1.

truck4

Administrator
They shot several scenes from the first two seasons there and at several other locations in Yonkers.

Yes, they shot the pilot in our house....rearranged some stuff, painted our dorm, etc..

The Tower Ladder from the pilot was not YFD, believe it was Metropolitan Fires rig.
http://fdnytrucks.com/files/html/specialunits/mfa.htm

Show was More of an inconvenience to us, and they helped themselves to some of our pictures, as seen in other episodes (not that I watched any!)

I knew it was find there! Lol , I always saw the picture of Rescue 1 and Ladder 71 on the wall.

FDNYBuff97 said:
I knew it was find there! Lol , I always saw the picture of Rescue 1 and Ladder 71 on the wall.
Yeah, that picture is hanging on the wall during the later seasons, again, not that I'm a fan of the show by any means.