10-75 Signal Revision

So will our books change to include duties/tool assignments for each position at each type of occupancy for the 3rd due truck? Or will it be whatever the IC needs them for?

Also will the 3rd due truck still be FAST, or extra truck (4th) now be FAST?

So will our books change to include duties/tool assignments for each position at each type of occupancy for the 3rd due truck? Or will it be whatever the IC needs them for?

I assume they would change it, especially if the now 4th due truck is suppose to do overhaul. 10-77s, 10-76s and whatever else still has the FAST truck as the 3rd due truck

Great ideas brothers. Another factor in increasing the 10-75 response is that as Deputy Chief Vincent Dunn once said to me when I was an acting Battalion Chief. Basically, Chief Dunn said, If the fire is NOT under control and you have NO UNITS standing next to you ready to go to work, you are playing catchup if something goes wrong or if units need relief. You can always return them if they are not needed. Having worked as a company officer in Midtown Manhattan, for almost 15 years I can remember as soon as your block streets with apparatus, traffic "Grid Locks" around the fire location. Implication = Get help early and quickly before it "grid locks" That means a 10-76 or 10-77 or 2nd alarm so be it.
Below is a 6th Alarm on 8th Ave. and W.36th Street, Midtown. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retiredFDNY Manhattan 6-6th Alarm 1996.jpg

3rd due truck stays the fast even if it’s a all hands on arrival. Pretty sure this is only for 10-75s that go to All Hands not for 10-77, 10-76s

The FDNY 7-5 "All Hands" response is to be upgraded in the near future by adding one engine and one ladder to the current assignment.

The total 7-5 response will be 5 engines, 3 ladders + the FAST ladder, two BC, DC, Rescue, Squad, and RAC.
So will the fifth engine be the one that would have been first due on the second alarm? That is how Boston determines who the RIT engine will be, first due on the second.

Great ideas brothers. Another factor in increasing the 10-75 response is that as Deputy Chief Vincent Dunn once said to me when I was an acting Battalion Chief. Basically, Chief Dunn said, If the fire is NOT under control and you have NO UNITS standing next to you ready to go to work, you are playing catchup if something goes wrong or if units need relief. You can always return them if they are not needed. Having worked as a company officer in Midtown Manhattan, for almost 15 years I can remember as soon as your block streets with apparatus, traffic "Grid Locks" around the fire location. Implication = Get help early and quickly before it "grid locks" That means a 10-76 or 10-77 or 2nd alarm so be it.
Below is a 6th Alarm on 8th Ave. and W.36th Street, Midtown. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retiredView attachment 43028
Cap I messaged you!

I would say that the 3rd truck is still the FT, as they would get to the box faster than the next truck in the response assignment.

With more units assigned on the first alarm, is this a move to reduce the number of multiple alarms?

With more units assigned on the first alarm, is this a move to reduce the number of multiple alarms?
80% of 10-75s get the Extra Engine & Truck which makes it a automatically a All Hands. The reason for this Pilot Program is to cut down on cancer reduction. If the Chief goes all hands on arrival there is no questions about asking for the extra engine & truck. It’s to have companies ready on scene and not have to wait for relief. 1st due companies will be coming out of the building when they are low on air without not having relief and not waiting for that engine or truck company for overhauling also

Last edited:
80% of 10-75s get the Extra Engine & Truck which makes it a automatically a All Hands. The reason for this Pilot Program is to cut down on cancer reduction. If the Chief goes all hands on arrival there is no questions about asking for the extra engine & truck. It’s to have companies ready on scene and not have to wait for relief. 1st due companies will be coming out of the building when they are low on air without not having relief and not waiting for that engine or truck company for overhauling also
I’ve been following your replies. I am not clear on one thing, as for your understanding.

A 10-75 signal will get 5 & 3. Will they still be able to get the 1 extra engine before striking the 2nd alarm?

Some large Fire Departments use an Engine as a "R.I.C.E." Rapid Intervention Company Engine. I has been found that a handline is often used to protect the trapped member/s, and that can be supplied by a Dedicated R.I.C.E. Engine company. Captain Bob Rainey FDNU Engine 26 retired

Some large Fire Departments use an Engine as a "R.I.C.E." Rapid Intervention Company Engine. I has been found that a handline is often used to protect the trapped member/s, and that can be supplied by a Dedicated R.I.C.E. Engine company. Captain Bob Rainey FDNU Engine 26 retired
Part of Boston's first alarm response is the RIT engine which is the first due on the second.

HCO

I’ve been following your replies. I am not clear on one thing, as for your understanding.

A 10-75 signal will get 5 & 3. Will they still be able to get the 1 extra engine before striking the 2nd alarm?
The revised 10-75 signal will get 5 & 3 plus the FAST truck. The Incident Commander will be able to get 1 extra engine (and nothing else) before striking the 2nd alarm if the incident is “Doubtful Will Hold.”

The revised 10-75 signal will get 5 & 3 plus the FAST truck. The Incident Commander will be able to get 1 extra engine (and nothing else) before striking the 2nd alarm if the incident is “Doubtful Will Hold.”
Thanks, I figured that was the case. I assume they will still be able to Special Call as many ladders as needed on the All Hands.