10-75 Signal Revision

When the paperwork comes out in final in a couple weeks you will all know the final decision…. Last I was told was it was this is on the “All Hands 7-5 Signal” not on the “10-75 Signal”…. Get the 4 Engs, 3 Ladders, 2 BC’s, Div, RAC, Rescue & Squad. If they go All Hands they will get the Extra Engine & Truck. They will not be able to ask for another engine currently like it is now. So All Hands for 10-75s only will be 5 Engines, 4 Ladders, 2 Battalions, 1 Division, 1 Rescue, 1 Squad, 1 RAC…. 2nd Alarm will be full 2nd Alarm with 4 Engines, 2 Ladders and the specials. It’s not officially even written yet. This is going to be a pilot program.

I would say that the 3rd truck is still the FT, as they would get to the box faster than the next truck in the response assignment.
I believe the third truck should stay da FAST or RIT team, pick your letters. The one thing to remember is fires are hotter, windows don’t vent like early days, conditions are more dangerous to start with today compared to as little as 30 or 40 years ago. We all know those bad conditions can escalate very fast. It is my opinion that we need dat truck in there asap to protect our own.

I believe the third truck should stay da FAST or RIT team, pick your letters. The one thing to remember is fires are hotter, windows don’t vent like early days, conditions are more dangerous to start with today compared to as little as 30 or 40 years ago. We all know those bad conditions can escalate very fast. It is my opinion that we need dat truck in there asap to protect our own.
I've heard of the FAT engine, the FAST truck, the RIT, but what is the DAT truck?

Engines - 25
Trucks - 36
Battalions - 4
Division - 2
Rescue - 6
Squad - 6
RAC - 1

Total of 80 (Or 81 if the RAC gets two FF, cant remember.)
Division is usually 3. Then plus how many are on the messenger usually another 2

If the justification of this program is to reduce the incidence of cancer, it is a complete waste of time, money, and resources.

If the brass wanted to make an impact in reducing cancer, they would have the members quit smoking, drinking, stay out of the sun and maybe get a colonoscopy.

The 7-5 All Hands Signal Revision on 10-75 (All Hands) Fires Only starts Monday. It will only apply for when the All Hands is given for 10-75 fires only. Not High Rise Fires. If the chief/aide gives All Hands on arrival he will get the 5 Engines 4 Trucks (3rd always being FAST) If he hits the 10-75 and not the All Hands it’s just the normal 4-3. After the All Hands is transmitted the Chief will be able to call for an additional engine before having to go to the additional alarm. So a 10-75 All Hands Fire will get max up to 6 Engines and unlimited amount of trucks. 2nd Alarm will get a full 4-2. Again this is a pilot program.

HC7

The 7-5 All Hands Signal Revision on 10-75 (All Hands) Fires Only starts Monday. It will only apply for when the All Hands is given for 10-75 fires only. Not High Rise Fires. If the chief/aide gives All Hands on arrival he will get the 5 Engines 4 Trucks (3rd always being FAST) If he hits the 10-75 and not the All Hands it’s just the normal 4-3. After the All Hands is transmitted the Chief will be able to call for an additional engine before having to go to the additional alarm. So a 10-75 All Hands Fire will get max up to 6 Engines and unlimited amount of trucks. 2nd Alarm will get a full 4-2. Again this is a pilot program.
Thank You Skyler For The Update!!

If the justification of this program is to reduce the incidence of cancer, it is a complete waste of time, money, and resources.

If the brass wanted to make an impact in reducing cancer, they would have the members quit smoking, drinking, stay out of the sun and maybe get a colonoscopy.
One thing at a time brother.

First of all nobody smokes anymore.

Secondly, the big thing I am happily seeing are member sending their gear to get cleaned after operating at a job. Quick turnaround.

Not sure why youd be against this but ok.

One thing at a time brother.

First of all nobody smokes anymore.

Secondly, the big thing I am happily seeing are member sending their gear to get cleaned after operating at a job. Quick turnaround.

Not sure why youd be against this but ok.

Guess its called the "Over Haul Pilot Program"

Engine & Truck will be assigned on the All Hands (If not already requested)
*Not for 10-76s or 10-77s unless special called

Everything stays the same 3rd due truck is still Fast but All Hands is a total of 5&4

Another engine can be s/c to make it 6 total. Anything after than greater alarm is needed.

Special calling an engine for CFRD or Over Haul Relief will not need a greater Alarm

Nearest available unit will be called after the PWH if needed. Unless for watch line

Units can be special called after the PWH with out needing a great alarm

No more assigning extra 1&1 for window bars

The extra 1&1 don't necessary have to be used for over haul. Can be used for other duties

Totals
2nd Alarm
9 Engines 6 Trucks
3rd Alarm
13 Engines 8 Trucks
4th Alarm
17 Engines 10 Trucks
5th Alarm
21 Engines 12 Trucks

Will go into effect 09:00 04/08/2024 Monday

No more 1 and 1 for window bars?

Maybe they figure the first trucks handle it well enough? We certainly have had upgrades in portable power tools which makes this task a lot more efficient for the first couple of OV’s

I drove a Chief in da Bronx in the 80's These same conditions exist in the Forest Hills aread, where the buildings and their entrances mimic Pelham Pkwy.

I drove a Chief in da Bronx in the 80's who had a policy that if he said using all hands to also call for an extra Engine and Truck. Reasoning was he would rather have it coming and not use it instead of needing it and not having it. This is in that direction. Also remember that a usual strength is first stretches initial line and second due assists. Third due stretches second line and fourth due assists. In some locations, and I saw it around Pelham Parkway area, it would take the first three Engines to stretch the first line because the stretches where extremely long. This is in conjunction with what Capttomo said above.
These same conditions exist in the Forest Hills area, where the buildings and their entrances mimic those on Pelham Pkwy.