Box 2397 - Morris Ave and 164 St
Address: 964 Morris Ave

19:43
Disp transmits 10-75

L55FAST

19:46
BC17: transmits All hands for fire in Apt 3 George - 5 story 100x150 - 1L/S/O

19:49
DC6: all visible fire K/D - still doubtful - primaries fire floor and floor above are negative

19:58
DC6: Primaries and Secondaries complete and negative  Under Control

Right down the road from the quarters of 92/44.. i would imagine 50 beating in 71.... but its the borough of gentleman  ;) ;) ;)

From another site: It seems like some members from 92 tapped out as did other members from other units, I guess they detailed the remaining members from 92 to fill vacancies in other units, placing 92 out for the remainder of tour.

mac8146 said:
From another site: It seems like some members from 92 tapped out as did other members from other units, I guess they detailed the remaining members from 92 to fill vacancies in other units, placing 92 out for the remainder of tour.

Wow, I can't believe they put an Engine Co OUT OF SERVICE like that. I would think they would call in other members on O.T. to fill in the empty spots. What if this happened to a few more companies, would they just shut them down for the day too ??

They did this a few months back to 54 truck.  54 had a 1st due job and a few members tapped out.  They then shut them down for the remainder and sent the remaining members of 54 out to fill other companies in the batt.

With regard to calling in members after tour has started, this is not allowed as per contracts. Each tour has to be staffed with a certain amount of manpower. As of now we have the 4 HazTech Engines with 5 man per rig and they are a manpower pool as they usually lose the 5th man early in tour. Once all Haz Tech are down to 4 then it is a Division decision as to what happens with manpower if companies lose men at jobs or other reasons.

I am not an accountant but the reason many companies will not hire is because it is cheaper to pay OT then it  is to pay a f/t employee. No SS no FICA, etc. I have my personnal responses to this issue but it is deeper than this site wants to get in to.

Thank you for your help and I appreciate your response. I was always under the impression that the regular number of manned companies would NOT be shut down due to manpower shortages. I do remember when I think "Roaster Manning" was first instutated. But I never knew a company could be put out of service. If this is in the contract, then I assume it was agreed to by both sides. Of course, I'm only an outsider, but I just don't ever remember hearing of that happening.