4/23/24 Brooklyn 4th Alarm Box 2865

Negative, The First "Progress" Report From B42 Was The 2nd Alarm & Extension To Exposure 4. @13:14

Only Thing Before That Is When B42 Requested An Extra 1&1 For Window Bars.

I Just Played It Back To Double Check.
Just listened to audio & about 45-46 seconds in, a handie-talkie transmission of fire in exposure 2. Couldn’t make out unit transmitting.

Once again, a fire in these large Private dwelling extended to the exposures. In fear of sounding like a broken record the need for Tower Ladders and Large Caliber Streams in front of the building/s and also via a rear street to provide access the rear of the building/s is needed for advanced fire in these buildings. At times handlines just won't control the fire. Again after 50 years of firefighting and 30 years with the FDNY I have some idea of what must be done in advanced/self-vented fires. Hit it hard to reduce the fire, then if the building is safe enter it and complete extinguishment.
As I said before the Chicago Fire Department calls it "Resetting the Fire" or another way to say it is hit it from the outside for 30 seconds or a minute or two, reduce the fire and then perform an "aggressive interior attack", after evaluating the structural stability of the fire building/s.
Captain Bob Rainey Captain FDNY Engine 26 retired.
hey cap,i didn’t see any pics or videos of the fire but looks like it did jump the ALLEY to 4 and 4a how about an early line 21/2 used as a water curtain in there???? Never seem to see this on any of the videos….maybe keep it from going over to 4. Also like you said hit it hard at first which if the 1st due eng could hit it with the Stang…much faster while setting tower ladder…..FF T J MUNDY RET ENG 36

hey cap,i didn’t see any pics or videos of the fire but looks like it did jump the ALLEY to 4 and 4a how about an early line 21/2 used as a water curtain in there???? Never seem to see this on any of the videos….maybe keep it from going over to 4. Also like you said hit it hard at first which if the 1st due eng could hit it with the Stang…much faster while setting tower ladder…..FF T J MUNDY RET ENG 36
From what I saw when got there was an additional line in the alley cooling down 4 but still had gotten in probably before units arrival. Fire was originally in the rear so initially going right to TL or engines stang wouldn't have done anything that the line in the alley could have done. It would have prob hampered operations (In my opinion) having the engine blocking the trucks from the building to hit the alley with deck gun and the hydrant was down the block.

Pretty sure this was a joke in reference to how busy the 42 has been recentlyits
the joke is more how you think one division is that mush busier for what fires? than the others & look at the numbers and speak to guys who have actually worked in other divisions.

the joke is more how you think one division is that mush busier for what fires? than the others & look at the numbers and speak to guys who have actually worked in other divisions.
What division/battalion do you work in? I’ll revise my comment to state yours since you’re getting way too butthurt over the comment.

From what I saw when got there was an additional line in the alley cooling down 4 but still had gotten in probably before units arrival. Fire was originally in the rear so initially going right to TL or engines stang wouldn't have done anything that the line in the alley could have done. It would have prob hampered operations (In my opinion) having the engine blocking the trucks from the building to hit the alley with deck gun and the hydrant was down the block.
Hand lines did get the job done at this incident and they do the job at many others on a daily basis. So, are current firefighters getting overly dependent on these tools because they are usually so effective, versatile and maneuverable?
The point being made by a few guys with lots of white and grey hair, or no hair at all, sitting back in their armchairs is that the a coordinated attack with hand lines and a master stream(s) may becoming a lost art. Hitting a large volume of fire hard for a short duration with a deck gun (fixed or portable), tower ladder or even a ladder pipe can "Reset the Fire" and cut down on "the wear and tear" to members when a decision is made by Command to switch back to an offensive, interior or exterior attack.
Both the old-school guys and young-active brothers can agree, the bottom line is still getting a sufficient quantity of water on the fire quickly to gain control of the incident while minimize the risk of injuries or death to civilians and firefighters.

guys are buffing DC runs now? really? look at companies runs vs AH and first due stats
guys are buffing DC runs now? really? look at companies run
Not sure what your problem is but you said to look at the #'s of other divisions and then company stats as well. Both prove that the 15th is the busiest. That's not to say that's the only busy spot in the city, but as a whole the 15th is a busy place. Nothing to get upset about.

That’s cause we were talking about divisions.

citywide, 6 of the top 10 trucks
And 6 of the top 10 engines for first due 10-75’s come from the 15th Div as well
I agree. But divisions don’t paint the whole picture. L148 and L172 have been very busy/consistent and catch a lot of their work in the 15th division cause they border it yet are Div 11 and Div 8 companies. The 15th is also much larger than the 8th and 11th. Same can be said though about L147 and L156 going into the 11th and 8th.