L-16, L-35
Battalions 10 and 11, Rescue, Safety
Battalion 7 (Safety Officer)
Tactical Support 1
Mask Service Unit
FieldCom, Command Tactical Unit
Haz-mat-1
Haz-Mat Battalion

Possible Estimated Time of Incident and What section of Manhattan is that?

rdm258 said:
Possible Estimated Time of Incident and What section of Manhattan is that?

Dont know about time, but the box locarion is 1 block east from times square, just around the corner from the quarters of E65.

JT

First he was not saying that your post is wrong. He was stating that E23 is not a lobby control unit. What's the problem with that!!! Get some thicker skin and STOP taking all other post so negative if your post is questioned. Have a good 4th.

I have trawled my way back through a few pages of Manhattan high rise fires in the upper areas of Manhattan and the upper east and west side, and E23 has not been assigned as a LCC before thta i can see, as a CFRD engine yes, but not a LCC. In the FDNY an operational reference 2007 (latest one i have) E23 does not have a collateral assignment.

JT

then i dont know why they said it...i wrote it down so i wouldnt mis understand it...maybe there starting some thin new

Ahh well, we will no doubt get better informed by those 'better informed' on this forum.. thanks for posting the rundowns though, a good attempt, but the right info is always better than a guess or just referring to 'normally assigned' 1st 2nd 3rd due units, as things change with companies on other runs or on training.

JT

bfd, i do appreciate your run downs but you seem to get bent out of shape when you are questioned or advised about a situation in your post. No one is a bad guy,here. Just relax, enjoy your time, and be grateful that their are other's who KNOW more then YOU and I and makes this a GREAT site.

rdm258 said:
bfd, i do appreciate your run downs but you seem to get bent out of shape when you are questioned or advised about a situation in your post. No one is a bad guy,here. Just relax, enjoy your time, and be grateful that their are other's who KNOW more then YOU and I and makes this a GREAT site.

I would like to add to that, firstly BFD, if your looking at the google earth box locations and looking at the nearest companies geographically to the box, then be advised mate that that is not always the case, with one way streets, and other factors, some companies are first due to boxes that are closer to another company in terms of 'as the crow flies' geography, if your unsure, then just give what info you know is fact, and leave the rest to those that know. But keep up the great work, you catch jobs that would otherwise be missed and not get listed, so crack on.. just be willing to listen and learn, just as you would in a fire house/ fire station as a proby.. ;) :)

Which leads me onto my other point, i am obviously serving firefighter from the London Fire Brigade, UK, a fire and rescue service almost a mirror reflection of the FDNY in many factors, and in some not so much, but i am not FDNY, and i would like to say cheers to those serving FDNY Firefighters and dispatchers who tolerate us BUFFS on this forum, and come forward with help, info and guidance, and harsh but fair corrections where necassary, wihtout you guys we would be just making it all up and hoping for the best..

Cheers guys.

JT