Being A Father

I was raised in a complete fire department style lifestyle. My dad took me to fires, got me lots of diecast fire trucks and toys for the fire department. But the greatest gift he gave me I didnt fully realize till I became a father and I did the same thing for my son. My father was a great fire photographer and still is but he never got to fully become a firefighter because he sacrificed for family. He gave up a spot in the boston fire academy to come out here to chicago to help take care of my moms mother. He than tried a little to become a firefighter here but he really couldnt and I know why since he sacrificed it because he had to take care of me. I fully realized it now since I started doing the same thing. Since I have always tried to be a full time civillian firefighter, I went to the military to get trained in it but nothing has come from that for a while. I have since than become a member of the (ENEMY) a cook county sheriff deputy. I know that as long as I have this career my son will be taken care of for his life. I might never become a firefighter since the economy isnt helping but now that I have a career I am still gonna try. If it never happens and my son is fully taken care I will be the happiest father ever, the same thing that my father did for me.