Bronx- Assist FD 11-12-11

truck4

Administrator
Date: 11-12-11
Time: 0105hrs
Description: E-68 req. PD for assault in progress in front of quarters, now reporting airmail.

CFDMarshal said:
ok Mike, what is airmail?

Let me fill in for Mike. Airmail is objects, bottles, cans, whatever thrown from the upper floors or roof tops at the responding emergency personnel.

Ladder 49 and Engine 68 Requested for PD multiple times and didn't show for 15 minutes later shouldn't PD respond a little faster for an assault ?

FDNYBuff97 said:
Ladder 49 and Engine 68 Requested for PD multiple times and didn't show for 15 minutes later shouldn't PD respond a little faster for an assault ?

One of the members should have called 911 from a cell phone reporting a fire. I guarantee there would have been 5 or 6 cop cars on scene within minutes.

Bulldog

Bulldog
nubenegro said:
FDNYBuff97 said:
One of the members should have called 911 from a cell phone reporting a fire. I guarantee there would have been 5 or 6 cop cars on scene within minutes.
Better yet call in an accident with people trapped and you would get ESU!

Initially I believe L-49 reported an assault in progress in front of quarters, members NOT involved.Later E-68 again reported the assault with a possible weapon involved,then E-68 reported objects being thrown from a building.

Ladder 49 was the initial call right after the dispatcher called for Engines 43 , 42 & Ladder 59 to respobd to univeristy avenue but Ladder 49 came in and reported a possible assault involving a woman and requested for PD & EMS

We were coming back from a run ( many years ago) and were stopped at Fordham Rd. and Kingsbridge Rd. One of the members sees a guy beating up a girl, leaves the rig, and runs over to help. We all followed him while the Boss called for PD.  Four of us surround the guy,  he says it?s his girlfriend, to mind our own business,  all the while cursing us. We asked her if she was all right, do you want us to help, she didn?t say anything, all the while the guy is running his mouth. He is locked on to her arm and starts walking away, half dragging her. We followed him up Fordham past the Concourse to Morris  Ave.  No PD showed even the though the Boss told the dispatcher the direction that we were following the guy. He never hit her while we followed him, so  we let them go and got back on the rig.  We made the short trip back to Webster Ave. and as we backed in to quarters,  we got a run to Fordham and the Concourse for ?a man on fire in the subway?. Even though we passed that spot 10 minutes earlier, there  were 8 police cars there when we got to the box! Go figure.

ahh airmail. I remember the first time I heard that phrase over the radio. I believe it was from Richman Plaza, Box 4723.

FDNY150 said:
ahh airmail. I remember the first time I heard that phrase over the radio. I believe it was from Richman Plaza, Box 4723.

As I understand it, there are times when the members respond to Richmond Plaza and they still get hit with Airmail. Bottles filled with water thrown from thirty or forty stories up. Some things just never change.

And then some dope takes a match and drops it down the compactor chute a few days after Christmas...And you know the rest.