FDNY Medium Rescues

FDNYBuff97 said:
I'd stay it would be stationed at the Rock or maybe at Fort Totten.
I think the Brooklyn Navy Yard, E211/TL119 or Tillary St. firehouses would be more centralized with citywide highway access. ;)

I heard from the guys from hazmat that the 2nd piece is getting replaced by a larger unit from ferrara.

guitarman314 said:
FDNYBuff97 said:
I'd stay it would be stationed at the Rock or maybe at Fort Totten.
I think the Brooklyn Navy Yard, E211/TL119 or Tillary St. firehouses would be more centralized with citywide highway access. ;)
True , Very True , I thought Fort Totten because they have all the Water Rescue Training Operations going on there and some Marine Units are docked there.

Based on the comments so far, it doesn't look like this unit is going to replace either of the TAC units, but rather be a new type of response  unit.

HCO

The Marine Incident Response Team (MIRT) vehicle, a 2012 Ferrara Medium Rescue body on a Freightliner M2-106 chassis, FDNY registration FF 12001, was placed in service at Marine Operations, Brooklyn Navy Yard, on July 2.  It is staffed by Marine Operations personnel when special called. 

The unique feature of the MIRT is its four-wheel-drive capability for operation on beaches, muddy areas, and rough terrain.  It has a Stanley HP-1 hydraulic system with a full set of hydraulic tools as well as sump and trash pumps.  The truck mounts a crane and carries a small inflatable boat.