FDNY Retro Look?? yay or nay

Which color scheme would you prefer on future FDNY rigs ?

• Go back to solid red with current striping scheme (no white cab tops)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keep it as is now - No changes

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
With more and more departments around the country going to solid red cabs ( no white or black or grey over red). I wondered what new FDNY rigs would look like with the total red color and current striping scheme. Kind of a retro look back to the 70's and early 80's. What do you think ?

Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 3.10.06 PM.png

They could do fluorescent orange and white like a dept here in FL did.
Clearwater Florida had Fluorescent Orange rigs. The paint on the Rigs faded so rapidly that they were repainting them every 5 years, $$$$$. I believe they have since gone back to traditional red

RCL

Clearwater Florida had Fluorescent Orange rigs. The paint on the Rigs faded so rapidly that they were repainting them every 5 years, $$$$$. I believe they have since gone back to traditional red
That's who I was thinking of. My dept bought one of their heavys as our first heavy rescue. I actually heard a funny story about a certain FDNY member who taught a class there when the rigs were orange.

The all red colors are better on the old apparatus, but all red on the modern apparatus looks ugly to me. Also the old lights on the apparatus from the late 80's to the early 2000's need to make a comeback and just not on the spares. Screenshot 2024-04-25 1.38.30 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-25 1.39.12 PM.png

Note* For the correct era from the 80s into 91/92 - At that period in time the Department did not add companies patches to the rigs , for ladders no ladderboard until 1993. If you saw them on the rig, it was most likely done in house. 33’s rig one if not the only truck to have the white company numbers in contrast to the older font numbers that are also found as magnets to put on spares.