Ladder 39

They are running an old rearmoint as a spare are there no Spare tillers on the fleet ?

Please forgive me I am not familiar with the street conditions of NY. In the early 80's E-One approached Boston about a possible apparatus contract. At that time BFD was ALL tiller apparatus because of narrow streets, tight corners, etc. E-One gave them a demo which went to L-17, they are a busy company with access to all parts of the city. They ran this rig to death, automatic response to all seconds, no matter where. I think they were not part of a usual 2-alarm response in outlying districts, just to be used as an evaluation. I thought I would never see a rear-mount in BFD, guess I was wrong! BFD used CFD as a comparison, well in Chicago a hill is 10', one of BFD rigs went to L-16 (E-53) a very hilly section of Boston Went out there in the middle 80's with my wife and son, the wife cut me loose to photo BFD rigs. But we were able to take a pix of Zing Jr at Tower-1 they wanted a group shot so I could foto the rig. I was then told the kid goes on the front bumper of the rig so make a family shot. When I moved out here in 79 (last day in Boston, aircraft crash at O'Hare) CFD had 5 IHC/Seagrave TDA, in the movie Backdraft T-17 is the former rig of T-54, now a Pierce TL because they are first due at Midway

squarewheels said:
kiss tillers goodbye. too much money and too much down time. city wont have it.

Someone should tell the city and seagrave to cancel their contract!

Thanks Bulldog.

Kind of off topic, but Ladder 39 is no longer quartered by itself, correct? I think it's quartered with Engine 63 and the 15th Battalion at 755 E. 233rd St. in Wakefield.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ladder 39 the only tiller in Da Bronx?

fdny1075k said:
Thanks Bulldog.

Kind of off topic, but Ladder 39 is no longer quartered by itself, correct? I think it's quartered with Engine 63 and the 15th Battalion at 755 E. 233rd St. in Wakefield.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Ladder 39 the only tiller in Da Bronx?

Yes and Yes