LODD Loudon County VA

Sadly another firefighter line of duty death.
To any Active Firefighters - firefighting is STILL A DANGEROUS JOB, Volunteer or Paid.
My condolences go out to his family members, as well as brothers and sisters of the Loudon County Fire Department, and to his close friends.
May he Rest in Peace.

Brothers and sistersCollapse 18th Ave.  8.jpgCollapse 18th Ave. 3.jpgCollapse 18th Ave. 5.jpgcollapse 18th Ave. 6.jpg remember that L.P.G. gas is Heaver, then air. So, beware of LPG leaking can pocket in low area a find a source of ignition. Natural Gas is Lighter than air and therefore can also find a source, normally Higher rather than lower. I responded to an explosion on 18th Ave, in Brooklyn back quite a few years ago. One 20 L.B.S. L.P.G. Cylinder fell down the stairs into the basement of a Plumbing supply store and blew the entire half block long Taxpayer flat, killing 3 people. One 20 L.B.S. Cylinder that is leaking can be equal to 13 sticks of Dynamite in explosive power. A 20 L.B.S. L.P.G. cylinder is what most people use for the backyard B.B.Q., and often on the Mobil Home or R.V. Above are Photographs I took at the scene of the fatal L.B.G. Explosion in the 18th Ave, Brooklyn Plumbing Supply store. Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired