Pelham Gardens tanker fire?

I heard on the radio that Pelham Pkwy was shut down vicinity of Boston Rd this morn. Also another traffic report about a tanker fire in Pelham Manor. Were these the same incident?

Box  4461.....Batt 15 reported a tranker truck with fulid leaking towards a gas station and a building.  A command post was set up by B J ' s  on Pellam . The incident was located out of the city limits. Heavy fire condition reported.  All units were directed to respond via the thruway get off at Connor St  left back over the highway left on Boston Rd and right on Pellam into the fire scene.  Units from Yonkers Pellam and ????? Were also operating at the scene. FDNY units were Batt 15  Batt 14  Batt 27  Div 7  Squad 61  E 66  E  97  L  61  L 51  E  38  E 72  Satt 2 E 238 with the big boys  E 326  Foam 326  E 96  Foam 96  . I know for a fact I heard alot of other units responding but I forgot...

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Once again the news media messed up. The Pelham Pkwy where the fire was is a Westchester County street that runs into the Bronx off of Boston Rd at the city line. If you are traveling southbound on the Hutchinson River Pkwy just south of Boston Rd, look up at the I-95 bridge as you approach. You will see a sign that said - Pelham Parkway. There is a local street that is known as Pelham Bay Park West nearby. But the Westchester street ended at Boston Rd, by some engineer carried it over to add confussion.  It is not the same roadway that leads off of Fordham Rd at the Bronx River Parkway.