The 50's - A Pop Culture Tribute

Recently, I received a special gift from Mr Frankie D., aka "fdce54".
He sent me this through my email and being one of those "kinda-over-the-hill" guys, he thought I might appreciate it.

Well, I sure did.
It took me back to those Happy Days that many of us here once knew.

The songs, the laughs, the movies, the familiar faces, that we still remember.

Well, "I'd like to share this with you" thanks to, "fdce54"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmsahlXby7c

I never realized how well Steve Allen could sing. What a great clip, of some really great entertainers. Together = Dynamite.
Rest in Peace Steve Lawrence, I know you are all singing and entertaining in Heaven. perhaps with Elvis. "This could be the start of something big."
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.

I remember back in the radio days of "THE STEVE ALLEN SHOW" he got in hot water after on one of his radio broadcasts he stated ..."listen kids if you are Church goers & you want some extra money then when that collection basket is passed around just reach in & grab a handful & stick it in your pocket ".....of course some kids did & Steve Allen got heat for it.

I never realized how well Steve Allen could sing. What a great clip, of some really great entertainers. Together = Dynamite.
Rest in Peace Steve Lawrence, I know you are all singing and entertaining in Heaven. perhaps with Elvis. "This could be the start of something big."
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired.
Cap...you'll be pleased to know; not only did Steve Allen sing the song, he wrote it!

Then, we've got this from Steve at the Hudson Theatre West 44th Street and Sixth Avenue: