Visit to the Shops

anesti said:
Len90 said:
FDNY also uses a private third party called "Long Life Truck and Auto Spring" on 39th and Forth Hamilton Parkkway. They usually have 1-2 trucks over there at a time. Just this Friday E-292 was sitting outside with Ladder 21 in the shop. They were even receiving parts from an FDNY fleet maintenance vehicle.

There is something like this in the hunts point section of the bronx, ive seen a tiller beign worked on several times but dont know the exact location.

"Anesti", that was just a few of the "Locals" stripping the truck while it was parked. (No, no, just trying to have a little fun).

That's most likely Texron, the company that did the body work on Squad 800.

Back in the early 70's Fiedler Auto Body @ Lincoln Ave. & Bruckner Blvd.(133rd St.) had two 1968-69 ALF900 tractors in for body work at the same time. There are many private shops doing work for FDNY like in the 80's Cummins Metropower on Zerega & Bruckner Blvd used to do engine work so you would often see Seagrave rearmounts & tillers in their yard.

nfd2004 said:
anesti said:
Len90 said:
FDNY also uses a private third party called "Long Life Truck and Auto Spring" on 39th and Forth Hamilton Parkkway. They usually have 1-2 trucks over there at a time. Just this Friday E-292 was sitting outside with Ladder 21 in the shop. They were even receiving parts from an FDNY fleet maintenance vehicle.

There is something like this in the hunts point section of the bronx, ive seen a tiller beign worked on several times but dont know the exact location.

"Anesti", that was just a few of the "Locals" stripping the truck while it was parked. (No, no, just trying to have a little fun).

lol good one bill!!

FDNY220122 said:
There is a PM shop right behind the morgue...FDNY Explorers arent located there the Metropolition Explorers are back there!  ;D
wheres the mourge in that complex? ive been trying to get a map of that complex for a few months now and nothin is avalible... btw wasnt the old ems station across the street in the farm colony section? ive been trying to get a complete history on that whole complex so i can check it out in person and have a clue about what im seeing. (yes im 17 and yes i am a proud history nerd/urban explorer)
for some reason i think this was the EMS station but the city knocked it down a few years ago
http://ltvsquad.com/Missions/Buildings/Hos-Morgue/Hermies.php

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
FDNY220122 said:
There is a PM shop right behind the morgue...FDNY Explorers arent located there the Metropolitan Explorers are back there!  ;D
wheres the morgue in that complex? ive been trying to get a map of that complex for a few months now and nothin is avalible... btw wasnt the old ems station across the street in the farm colony section? ive been trying to get a complete history on that whole complex so i can check it out in person and have a clue about what im seeing. (yes im 17 and yes i am a proud history nerd/urban explorer)
for some reason i think this was the EMS station but the city knocked it down a few years ago
http://ltvsquad.com/Missions/Buildings/Hos-Morgue/Hermies.php

Well the morgue...I believe it to just be offices for the medical examiner are located in the same building as the EMS Station and the PM shop...right when you come through the gate...Most of the building on this side are very similar in nature and very rundown...with the exception of the old Tuberculosis  Hospital which is very rundown but pretty cool.

FDNY220122 said:
guitarman314 said:
There is very strict security in and around the NYPD & FDNY/EMS areas

Really?? Never seen it lol.
 I was just there on 4/20 to take US Census taker exam and they had pretty fair security that didn't let you go on the FDNY site.

guitarman314 said:
FDNY220122 said:
guitarman314 said:
There is very strict security in and around the NYPD & FDNY/EMS areas

Really?? Never seen it lol.
 I was just there on 4/20 to take US Census taker exam and they had pretty fair security that didn't let you go on the FDNY site.

I might be misunderstanding you sir...are you talking about inside seaview?

Quote: I might be misunderstanding you sir...are you talking about inside seaview? Quote  YES, inside the Seaview campus.  ;)

guitarman314 said:
Quote: I might be misunderstanding you sir...are you talking about inside seaview? Quote  YES, inside the Seaview campus.  ;)

Very interesting never seem to have any problems...The NYPD even manages to park a bunch of vans across from Colony Hall like its nothing...

FDNY220122 said:
Well the morgue...I believe it to just be offices for the medical examiner are located in the same building as the EMS Station and the PM shop...right when you come through the gate...Most of the building on this side are very similar in nature and very rundown...with the exception of the old Tuberculosis  Hospital which is very rundown but pretty cool.
i thought the morgue was in the back and just asking where was the old TB hospital because i thought that whole complex was a TB hospital. because i know the actual wards are located in the middle of the the woods. ive been wanting to go to the seaveiw complex to check out some of the abandoned buildings for a while now but never have enough time to get to that part of the island.

mercurygrandmarquis1 said:
FDNY220122 said:
i thought the morgue was in the back and just asking where was the old TB hospital because i thought that whole complex was a TB hospital. because i know the actual wards are located in the middle of the the woods. ive been wanting to go to the seaveiw complex to check out some of the abandoned buildings for a while now but never have enough time to get to that part of the island.

Well the main ward is all the way in the back...there is nothing to really see in them...there run down...falling apart and some even in danger of collapse.

I've gotten to the shops at Seaview a few times. Gotta know how to grease the wheels the right way... :p