FATHER / GRANDFATHER OF 2 FDNY FFs ATTACKED & DIES.

A friend of mine since childhood
William T Hinchey
Friday, January 24th, 1941 - Friday, September 11th, 2020
who worked at Forest Park Golf Course in Woodhaven QNS was making his rounds on a Golf Cart at the end of the day & came across some kids loitering & stealing flags....they then attacked him knocking him out of the cart & breaking his hip....he was transported to Jamaica Hosp ......they attempted to repair the Hip & treat him but he had a heart attack & died....his Son is RET FF Tim Hinchey ENG*73 / FDNY BOXING TEAM........his Grandson is an Active FF in ENG*324.......REST IN PEACE BILLY .....PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES..... arrangements.... kearnsfamily.com/book-of-memories/4332126/Hinchey-William/index.php

Last edited:
Chief, I'm very sorry for your loss. You, and your friend's family and friends, shall be in my prayers.

I too Chief wish to express my condolences on the terrible loss of your long time friend, Bill Hinchey.

The Slack family, formerly of Woodhaven sends our thoughts and prayers. My father and brother have some nice memories of baseball with the Hincheys. This is a tragic loss.

Anne Slack.

Glad they found this asshole now hang him. So sorry for your loss

The 19 year old you call a asshole and ask to hang is my son who had lost his ff father from battalion 35 as well my son is not what all are saying at all let's let the law prevail please and respect all involved

Thank you for taking that awful comment down the kids were being kids my son was grabbed and just pulled away never was meant to hurt anyone. My prayers for all involved. Have a safe night remember hug the ones you love tomorrow's never promised God bless

What may be said? Prayers for all involved.

Frank, "manhattan", I think you put it best.

As I see it, a difficult time for a very good, personnel friend of mine, as well as so many others.

Also a difficult time for a mother as well.

I consider us ALL family. Yet in a few short moments, the lives of so many were changed forever.

We have no answers. All we can do is PRAY as "manhattan" says.