FDNY Commemorative Edition 1865-2000

I just joined a couple of days ago and thought I‘d say hello. I’m not sure if this would be considered a “Collectable” but this book was given to me by my late uncle who got on the job in 61/62 (not sure) and retired in January 2001. He served in L24, R2, L105 and finally as a Aide in D11. What I find interesting are the company photos in the back of the book. These photos were taken as best as I can tell around 1998/99.
There was a second edition of this book which takes the Department History up to 2002. It included the events of 9/11 and removed the company photos and replaced them with the members lost on that tragic day.
It‘s a book that I will always hold dear to my heart. EB4D43AB-3BC0-4D9F-B408-B1440E91EDB6.jpeg875F82BD-78D0-4CDF-B913-0056F98F6C14.jpeg

Last edited:
"Rich M" welcome to Nycfire.net

As you see, if you are looking for the answer to a question regarding the FDNY, most likely you are sure to find somebody here can help you.

Those of us who have been here for awhile, even guys outside of the FDNY, will attest to the fact that we respect each other, whether retired or active career firefighters, volunteer firefighters and buffs as well.

We have members who contribute to the history of FDNY as well as current events involving the FDNY.

We have members who regularly contribute to the rundowns of fires and events occurring on a regular basis, including outside of the FDNY.

There are apparatus buffs who regularly contribute the listings of fire apparatus.

We are also joined by members of the FDNY/EMS and other EMS organizations, police officers, dispatchers, and current and retired military members.

I can tell you this, and many of the guys here already know this, "I didn't know anybody on here when I signed up and today I can tell because of this site, many of my BEST Friends are regular contributors here.

Without a doubt, if your interest or involvement is within the FDNY, "you've got a lot of company right here".

Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to reading all the stories and alerts. Even though I’m quite far from NYC these days, I still listen on Broadcastify and watch the buffs videos on YouTube.