R-3
Sq-41
D-6
Rac-3

B-17 All Hands

A1BDF03F-0197-4F5B-8561-17384A07E826.jpeg

CF5D8C14-651E-47AD-A41D-873AB87EE4CB.jpeg

Last edited:
And the cop looked the other way and walked away from writing a hydrant ticket...... have asked a few cops to write these douchebags who park on hydrants......all to no avail...... frustrating, especially being a former cop.

And the cop looked the other way and walked away from writing a hydrant ticket...... have asked a few cops to write these douchebags who park on hydrants......all to no avail...... frustrating, especially being a former cop.
Does the company rigs still have tag summons books?

Does the company rigs still have tag summons books?
All Firefighters can write tickets and they still do but sadly if they don’t fill the ticket out correctly it gets thrown out. Not as easy as the ticket agents that can just scan the Reg.

Behavior will not change until towing becomes the rule. The 311 App can be used to report hydrant parking, even from an IPad ;).

All Firefighters can write tickets and they still do but sadly if they don’t fill the ticket out correctly it gets thrown out. Not as easy as the ticket agents that can just scan the Reg.
Just give it to da guy in da books to do. It could be a good learning experience and practice

Do you know for a fact that this Police Officer walked away without writing a ticket? Or are you just assuming? I worked in that neighborhood for 23 years and we always had a good working relationship with the 44 precinct and other surrounding precincts.

Do you know for a fact that this Police Officer walked away without writing a ticket? Or are you just assuming? I worked in that neighborhood for 23 years and we always had a good working relationship with the 44 precinct and other surrounding precincts.
I was informed that this car was in fact ticketed. And depending on when you worked in that neighborhood, then we probably worked together at some point in the same Battalion. Since last summer, 99% of the cops have stopped writing summons, of any kind. It’s why this city has become a lawless free for all. There is a car parked on almost EVERY hydrant in the BX 24/7. I’m actually surprised when there ISN’T a car parked on one.

Perhaps an amusing story of justice...

One evening many many moons ago, a firefighter showed up at Engine 88 nearly late for the night tour roll call. Over the ensuing meal he bitched and moaned about the reason he had been delayed. Busting up the Bronx River Parkway from his home in Queens, he had been pulled over by a zealous young policeman out of what was then Motorcycle Precinct #1. Despite identifying himself as a firefighter on the way to work, the cop issued him a ticket for some violation.

Sometime later, E88 responded to a pull box down the block from quarters. Upon arrival they found the closest hydrant blocked by a motorcycle, an incident that turned out to be food on the stove. Taking up, 88s company officer (my father) grabbed the summons book. Just then a young man burst from the building, identifying himself as a police officer and the owner of the motorcycle, seeking reprieve. As my dad told the story, that was not going to save his ass from getting a ticket. But then a strap hanger from 88s backstep called out, “Loo, I got this”, and he proceeded to write out the ticket, with relish and a smirk.

Yep, it was the same cop from Motorcycle Precinct #1. Revenge, and justice, always better served cold.

I was informed that this car was in fact ticketed. And depending on when you worked in that neighborhood, then we probably worked together at some point in the same Battalion. Since last summer, 99% of the cops have stopped writing summons, of any kind. It’s why this city has become a lawless free for all. There is a car parked on almost EVERY hydrant in the BX 24/7. I’m actually surprised when there ISN’T a car parked on one.
I’m sorry to hear that the police aren’t doing the small things to help us out. A delay in getting water on the fire could be a death sentence for one of the Brothers. The “broken windows” theory of law enforcement must be reinstated. You take care of the small details vigorously and a lot of the bigger things start to fade away. But I understand the cop on the beat feeling disrespected by everyone especially that POS deblowjob.