ORIGINAL PROBY PATCH

The TS (Training School) patches are rare....these are what we wore on our Uniform shirts & our jackets back when I was in proby school in '68 ...we had to wear the shirts (& jackets in cold weather) back & forth to school....we were only in school for 6 weeks & you could not wait to get that patch off & get into the Field because it signified you only had between 0 to 6 weeks OTJ as you went back & forth..

The TS (Training School) patches are rare....these are what we wore on our Uniform shirts & our jackets back when I was in proby school in '68 ...we had to wear the shirts (& jackets in cold weather) back & forth to school....we were only in school for 6 weeks & you could not wait to get that patch off & get into the Field because it signified you only had between 0 to 6 weeks OTJ as you went back & forth..
pretty cool brother!

I have a large grey with blue lettering maltese cross FDNY patch which has "Probationary Fireman" embroided in the circle where the badge number would be. I understood from my dad that these were sewn on the back of the probies shirts back in the '30's and 40's. If I can find it I'll get a photo up. I hope.