News of Members

I found a shirt for our Irish Dec lol

Maybe you should get one for the guy in Norwich. That red one he wears is a bit worn out.

Maybe you should get one for the guy in Norwich. That red one he wears is a bit worn out.

Heres Bridgeport Frank

Brad its funny you should post this......there's also a Dublin Fire Brigade with an Engine and Ambulance on it. The photos they used for the shirt were taken by me and were actually taken from my website without consent

Would love to know if anyone here has any insight into how this works when images that are copyrighted on a website are then used for commercial purposes?

Fire Services here are very funny when it comes to their logos / equipment being used for commercial purposes - which in turn could effect my hobby here as in access to stations for photos

Posted this as per Uncle Willy's wish - below is his post:

I received this picture the other day from John Bendicks wife. A photo of a "Young Wanna Be Firefighter" like his father, FDNY Lt Tommy Bendick, and his grandfather, Retired Captain John Bendick.

His name is Greyson Bendick and as you can see here, he looks like he's ready to get on the rig and stretch in. All set and geared up including airpack, hood, and portable radio.

1633223802940.png

Last edited:
A BIG THANK YOU to both Dan "8060rock" and Ray "raybrag" for helping me out to show the guys here of a fourth generation "Wanna Be Firefighter".

I've also gotten word that our friend and member here, Garrett L., "69METS", was another "Wanna Be" and had all the gear to show it. (Thank you Johnny D, "johnd248")
Of course he too wanted to follow in his fathers foot steps who worked Engine 248 back then.
As I recall Garrett spent time at Eng 75/Lad 33, where he joined up with then Firefighter John Bendick, this sites owner along with his son Lt Tommy
Bendick.
Then I think Garrett went to Squad 41 where he joined now Retired B/C Jack K., "68jk09" who was a Lt there at the time (?).
After that Garrett went on to Rescue 3.

There are plenty of other guys too who became young wanna be's.
Maybe it was in following in their Uncle's footsteps as we learned from Dan Potter, aka "johnnygage", very popular, "Glory Days Stories" and riding with Ladder 31 on this site.

By the way, any newer members, if you haven't read Dan Potter's, aka Johnny G's, "GLORY DAYS Stories" yet, you sure may want to check them out.
"Glory Day's" can be found in the "History Section" of this web site.

mack

Administrator
Welcome to a new member "Mickey" who retired from Engine 167/Ladder 87, in the Boro of Richmond. Mickey has retired to Florida and is a member of Gulf Coast FDNY chapter. From Annadale to Florida. To bad no "Mona Lisa Pizza" in Florida. Welcome Mickey.

Congratulations to John Bendick.

Last night, at Ft Knox, Kentucky, John was honored by the 19th Engineer Battalion (Combat) for his life and career accomplishments. As you know, John founded this site with his son, Tommy, a current FDNY fire officer. John received a framed picture presented by the Commander of the 19th Engineer Battalion (Combat). Lt General Robert Van Antwerp, former Commander of the Corps of Engineers, inscribed the picture:

"Thank you for your service as a Combat Engineer and for your great example - husband, father, grandfather, hero firefighter, man of God. LTG Van Antwerp Chief of Engineers".

John served heroically in the 19th Engineer Bn (Combat) during Vietnam. He had a dedicated career as a NYC firefighter and fire officer. He provided leadership to Engine 23 which lost many members when the World Trade Center was attacked. He led efforts to take care of lost firefighters' families. He led efforts to support our military members and veterans. He is also a role model husband, father, grandfather, Christian, friend and human being.

We also salute you and thank you - Captain John Bendick!

View attachment 14820

View attachment 14821

View attachment 14822

View attachment 14823
Congrats!!