New Seagraves

Not to long ago, it was an exception to see a rig with grill numbers and artwork. That was the mark of a company that had a high degree of pride, high enough to add a little extra, at their own time and expense.

Not to long ago, it was an exception to see a rig with grill numbers and artwork. That was the mark of a company that had a high degree of pride, high enough to add a little extra, at their own time and expense.
I have said the same thing in the past...It used to be that certain Units put forth the extra effort to customize their Rig & it stood out as Pride....once the manufacturers started putting Unit Logo's on ALL the Rigs it kind of made Rigs look like the everyone gets a trophy thing......standardization is good but some individuality & customization reflects well on a Unit.

Scoobyd... Just to give you a rough idea about the company numbers and logos that were put on by the members of the company with much pride. Back in the early 80s company logos started to appear on the Rigs. When 319 interchanged with 332 l met a guy who owned a lettering.. decal store. One night when l was at work a Medic named Jimmy Dobson and myself started drawing with the idea of 319 had to go thru allot just to get to a main street, surrounded by cemetery abs parks. With that in mind the drawing was taken back to 319 and they made some minor changes. Now l went back to the lettering store near 332 and l brought them 2- 12x12 magnets on which they painted the company logos. Put it on with some white pinstripe around it so nobody could take it off.
Then as the Chief said the job started putting the logos on at the plant.

I have said the same thing in the past...It used to be that certain Units put forth the extra effort to customize their Rig & it stood out as Pride....once the manufacturers started putting Unit Logo's on ALL the Rigs it kind of made Rigs look like the everyone gets a trophy thing......standardization is good but some individuality & customization reflects well on a Unit.
The shops are putting the numbers on, not the manufacture

I believe the reason (could be wrong) all new rigs are coming with these mesh style grill numbers is the shops don’t want company’s putting Their own numbers on that will impede the airflow through the grill which causes these new rigs to overheat.

“{ **EVERYBODY GOES RESPONSE** BY BRAND NEW 2022 FDNY ENGINE 264, BRAND NEW 2022 FDNY ENGINE 328 AND FDNY LADDER 134 FROM **THE BIG HOUSE** ON CENTRAL AVENUE IN THE FAR ROCKAWAY AREA OF QUEENS IN NEW YORK CITY }”…..